Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For that though P, he'd have to do something he's not done in 11 years: take a team into Europe or something he's never done: win a pot.

Now, I can't see him doing either and still be getting next season.

We'll see.

I'm not defending the appointment mate. Not at all. Didn't want Allardyce. It's a joke that we took 6 weeks to appoint someone who was available anyway. It's a joke we didn't go for someone like Dyche, who offers the best of both in terms of defensive solidity and being able to build a team over the long-term - and also had a £3m buy-out clause to boot! Instead we've gone for the manager of a team who are impressing, but also have huge flaws defensively...

But Sam's here now, and I'm not focusing on anything except the next game - I don't care about next season at the minute, we can cross that bridge when we come to it. Get to 40 points, then we can reassess this season's targets.

Exactly mate.

It was like we were gliding serenely and gently applying pressure to get the preferred outcome, then someone lost their nerve and jumped overboard.

Two big losses bookended this saga: the Arsenal thumping saw Koeman dumped; the S'ton thumping saw Allardyce brought in.

We have a knee jerk owner here. No question.

Yet compared to last season, at this point of the season, the RS are -4 points worse, Chelsea -5, and Everton -5, didn’t see any of them demanding Allardyce......

Oh this was all about preserving the value of Moshiri/Usmanov's shares. No question. They knew PL status was paramount and went for Allardyce for that very reason.

This was not a sensible long term football decision.

We have a self serving fool as owner(s).

Dyche was the one.

Would have got us organised. Would get the club. Etc.

But it's not just self-serving. We got desperate for a manager because we tried for too long on Moshiri's 'trophy' candidates - Silva, Fonesca etc. Mentioning Simeone ffs.

At the end of the day though, there was - and still is, I don't care what anyone is saying about 'only one win away from this' - us getting dragged into a dogfight.

I know it can change for the good, but it could easily get worse. If you haven't noticed we don't always win games we're expected to?

So it's vitally important - for the club, not just the owners ffs - that we stay in this league and don't end up scrapping to do so come May.

He'd have preferred a loss there last night. It makes his pitch today in press conference about "trying to steady a ship" much more sellable.

But we are stable. So what does he offer us really?

I hope one of the reporters puts that to him today. He'll fill his undies if they do. He is ill equipped for this post. I suspect he knows it too.

He's well out of his comfort zone here. Bottom half bumblers is not what we require and he'll be reminded of that all season.

I sadly agree. I think we might see a master class in lowering expectations from Sam, the likes in which we've never even seen from moyes. A win on the weekend and surely it will be put to him then. If he has the courage to aim for top six then fareplay. I doubt it.

Dyche was the one.

Would have got us organised. Would get the club. Etc.
shivers.gif

I'd like this saying to die.

So hows SA going to change things with this squad? You have the older players like Baines who have seen off the 2 previous managers and then watched Unsworth get hung out to dry,the newer players who couldnt be bothered to break a sweat for the fella who paid money for them and a bunch of kids that really should be on loan somewhere, if hes here short term he wont be given a great deal to spend and if he does buy chances are its going to be the likes of Collins,Carroll

Maybe its all really a smoke screen still.........

lollollollollollollollollollol
I think they’ll never announce him because they don’t want to anger the fans. One match day next year, someone will look at the bench an say is that fat Sam? How long has he been here? Dunno, hasn’t he always been here?
:blush:
That’s the lack of respect this club has for our fans intelligence lol ;)

He'd have preferred a loss there last night. It makes his pitch today in press conference about "trying to steady a ship" much more sellable.

But we are stable. So what does he offer us really?

I hope one of the reporters puts that to him today. He'll fill his undies if they do. He is ill equipped for this post. I suspect he knows it too.

He's well out of his comfort zone here. Bottom half bumblers is not what we require and he'll be reminded of that all season.

Plus now everyone should and hopefully will expect a battering of a Hull side in freefall whose lost it's last 3 games, lost it's last two away games 4-0 to Bournemouth and 5-0 to Arsenal

In Fact their away record from last game and backwards reads like this, Arsenal 5-0 loss, Bournemouth 4-0 loss, Liverpool 3-0 loss, Swansea 2-0 loss, Burnley 0-0 draw, Palace 1-0 loss (league cup), West Ham 2-0 loss

they haven't scored a goal in their last 7 away games and have conceded 17.

Allardyce has given our last result the absolute perfect godsend of an opening game in charge, and in fact Unsworth would have seen us comfortably win the Hudds game as well.

shivers.gif

I'd like this saying to die.

:D

well, it's one of the main things being used to beat Sam with, in fairness!

A lot of snobbery around the boy Dyche. Yeh, he sounds and looks like the weird divorced Dad in the pub whose there on his own through Monday to Thursday, commenting when you buy a bevvy, but he's clearly a very good manager.

Oh this was all about preserving the value of Moshiri/Usmanov's shares. No question. They knew PL status was paramount and went for Allardyce for that very reason.

This was not a sensible long term football decision.

We have a self serving fool as owner(s).

more like we have 'ANOTHER' self serving fool as an owner really mate.

Plus now everyone should and hopefully will expect a battering of a Hull side in freefall whose lost it's last 3 games, lost it's last two away games 4-0 to Bournemouth and 5-0 to Arsenal

In Fact their away record from last game and backwards reads like this, Arsenal 5-0 loss, Bournemouth 4-0 loss, Liverpool 3-0 loss, Swansea 2-0 loss, Burnley 0-0 draw, Palace 1-0 loss (league cup), West Ham 2-0 loss

they haven't scored a goal in their last 7 away games and have conceded 17.

Allardyce has given our last result the absolute perfect godsend of an opening game in charge, and in fact Unsworth would have seen us comfortably win the Hudds game as well.

Steve?

Overachieved?!

This league is hopeless beyond 6 teams. We're two points off top half now....in a "crisis".

WTF is the point in changing managers if he cant kick us on a few places with a lot more resources at his diposal than the caretaker had?
The only reason he's here is that relegation looked a distinct possibility, that's really it mate.

I couldn't give a monkeys. He's here to move us up the league and steer away from relegation.

I'm not interested in his off the field antics. Duncan Ferguson had been to prison, Moshiri became a billionaire in a legal way? I think not.

Are we chastising them? No. Double standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.