Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about his reputation, but I think it is over exaggerated. Football has moved on from these types of Dinosaurs. His premiership win percentage is 35%. That is lower than any current premiership manager (apart from the inept Unsie of course).

So all this "Will get the defence sorted" nonsense and "Will get the team organised" crud is a fallacy reputation based on a distorted facts.

It's like saying Donald Trump is a great businessman. But the fact that he was given $100 Million by his dad, was made bankrupt 5 times and if he had just left his money in a standard investment account at the beginning he would be vastly richer than his is now makes a joke of that statement.

The point is there are not many worse managers than this Slime Ball that could do a reasonable job.

As you mentioned the Crystal Palace performance let's look at his record there.
Played 24. Won 9. Drawn 3. Lost 12. So a total of 30 points from 24 games. We have 12 points from 13 games. Combine the two and you have 42 points from 37 games.

Do you still think he will guarantee safety?

Like I said, he has his limitations. I specifically used Unsworth as the marker as he is who is currently in charge and if people don’t want Fat Sam for footballing reasons that’s a totally reasonable position. If it’s based on some romantic, idealistic notion that we’re too good for such a charlatan, I ask the same question, would people rather have Sam and a BETTER chance of safety or would they rather enjoy a moral victory and see our club POTENTIALLY relegated? I know which one is far more damaging in the long term. Managers come and go but the club remains. It would be nice if it remained in the premier league. He’s no-ones first choice. But for the clubs sake we need to commit to something for this season.

Also you’re argument using his points tally from Palace and combining it with Unsworth‘s for us so far is completely flawed. It’s impossible to determine what results Allardyce would have gotten in the same games Unsworth has played. Also if you estimated how his record at palace would look over the course of a full season with 14 more games to play he’s easily keeping them safely mid table. And furthermore and as you stated if you combine Unsworth and Sam’s points totals you get 42 points and that probably would guarantee safety- it would have got you 14th place last year. As horrible as I feel saying that I’d take that all day. That’s what this shambles of a board has reduced me to.

Last edited:
So you can get behind a bunch of players who have thrown three managers under the bus, but wont get behind a man who is coming in to do a job?

Ok.
Listen mate I cant describe the feelings I have about him managing this club.
If you think the atmosphere is bad now just wait till this carpet bagger gets his snout in the trough.
Give him 2/3 years then watch how soon the crowd turns if we dont get anything from the next 3 games. (Probably wont take that long)
The man is poison and shouldnt be anywhere near this great club.
If you want to back him bully for you , but I want to see the very very best of managers in charge of us not this bung taker.

Btw dont think he's some sort of saviour ,just look at his record it stinks.

In response to your last question- yes he will -you have provided the figures yourself.
In response to the rest of your post -a subjective diatribe. Get off the anti-Sam bandwagon and start thinking for yourself.[/QUO

Time will tell, but because of the extra money for the promoted clubs I think the survival points target this season will be higher than it has been for a while. You only have to look at the performances of the promoted teams who have money to spend on better players.

I won't get off the anti-Sam bandwagon because he is a mercenary, selfish, Mike Bassett good for nothing crook who will take this club for as much dosh as possible and leave it in a mess. In other words an utter c**t.

Give your head a wobble mate, you back Big Fat Bunging Sam all you want, but don't dare criticise those who choose to have more morals and ambition for the club than to throw its actual motto onto the bonfire of 'premiership survival is the be and end all'

Nothing but the best is good enough - errrm unless relegation threatens (in November LOL) in which case we will hire a proven crook who will [Poor language removed] over the club for years, take everything he can steal from us, and laugh his big fat pie arse off at people being thankful to him for being the only man on earth who could save us to sruvive and once again play another season in the holy grail that isn the Skybet premier league (or whatever its called these days)

I havent once said I back Sam Allardyce.

There is literally not one positive to be gained by not supporting the club right now. Unless your one of the dull arse moaners who can happily stay away from Goodison forever as far as I am concerned.

Equally, its totally inconsistent to criticise the club for appointing a crook, yet support a bunch of mercenaries, who quite frankly, will 'take everything they can to steal from us, laugh there arses off at people being thankful for playing for the club and will inevitably sod off to whatever club decides to pay them more'...

Give your head a wobble mate, you back Big Fat Bunging Sam all you want, but don't dare criticise those who choose to have more morals and ambition for the club than to throw its actual motto onto the bonfire of 'premiership survival is the be and end all'

Nothing but the best is good enough - errrm unless relegation threatens (in November LOL) in which case we will hire a proven crook who will [Poor language removed] over the club for years, take everything he can steal from us, and laugh his big fat pie arse off at people being thankful to him for being the only man on earth who could save us to sruvive and once again play another season in the holy grail that isn the Skybet premier league (or whatever its called these days)
So you don't think the bunch of overpaid, lazy, incompetent cowards masquerading as an Everton team should take any responsibility for the current shambolic state we're in?
To be honest, I'm almost past caring who our next manager is, providing he is somebody who boot this lot up the arse and get them earning their fat salaries.

If you think the atmosphere is bad now just wait till this carpet bagger gets his snout in the trough.
Give him 2/3 years then watch how soon the crowd turns if we dont get anything from the next 3 games. (Probably wont take that long)
If you want to back him bully for you , but I want to see the very very best of managers in charge of us not this bung taker.

I DO NOT want him, but he is here now, and you may as well get used to it and support the club. Simple.

Will you be behind him if he does well?

Status
Not open for further replies.