Are we in worse shape than 1994/5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's simultaneously the really frightening thing AND the one thing that gives me hope.

Yes the squad is really unbalanced, but it's a talented group of players for the most part. The logical part of my brain says they can't possibly KEEP performing this way and that a decent manager (if we can get one in) would get a tune out of them.

Wish the logical part of my brain would tell my guts that though.:(

The crux of it

The players we have now are far worse than those we had in 1994. I can't think of one who would get in that side.

On present form yes but, not on their true ability. Last seasons Klaasen, Sandro, Gylfi, Keane, Jordan, were all class players and would have been in the 94 side (maybe not jord).

I don’t think the team is. On paper we’re a great team light up front.

It’s off the pitch we are desperate.
The Board and Koeman have a lot to answer for. We are in an utter state, utterly rudderless.

The team look so unprepared, frightened and without confidence.

We started to get a bit of momentum out of the Watford woman’s the draw last weekend but that will have been successfully blown away by the ‘reserves’ getting there arses served to them last night.
I can see why we rotated players but surely we needed to play our best team again. They have to play together more when we have a bit of confidence.

The players we have now are far worse than those we had in 1994. I can't think of one who would get in that side.

'Sake the money spent on the current team aswell. Much less than 1% percent of that would set me up for life and my kids and theirs. Criminal this world we live in.

We must not see Williams in the side again. Period. The sight of him with his shirt raised from his sizeable belly to cover his embarrassment (or amusement, who knows) at his latest howler is painful to watch. Every. Single. Appearance.
His embarrassing conditioning on return to pre-season training should have set the alarm bells ringing loud and clear. The guy is taking the micheal out of his employers, their fans and his team-mates. Patently isn't arsed. Available for transfer in January, let his contract run down if nobody wants him (highly likely) and just let him do one.
His consistent selection despite his conditioning, rank performances and evident disinterest has IMO spread like a virus through the squad. Take him out of the equation as a first step.

No

We have a lot more quality, and once they actually get a manager in to train them and/or beat them with sticks, we will move up the table. The teams who currently are so bad that they are below our woeful team and a couple of others will be the ones in an actual relegation battle.

Last night was horrific but a dead rubber. We have 4 points in the last two games in the league despite being absolutely scheisse.

Still hate the complete shower though

Yes, this the worst I've ever seen us. And to think signed three captains in the transfer window, and Williams before that. You'd think this would be a group of leaders.

I go back as far as Catterick and I too talk some rubbish.
But on this your Dad is right and so am I. Last night proved it. This is the pits.
I figured he was accurate. His main gripe is that in the past we’ve had poor players who despite playing poorly have at least tried, whereas today we have supposedly good players who don’t even make the effort

I'd take fat Sam tomorrow over all the other candidates. He may not be fashionable but if I had to choose anybody to give us a chance
of getting out of this mess it would be him.

I think last night was a wake up call, we are in a mess.

At the very least I reckon he'd come in and kick a few backsides. I wouldn't fancy facing him at half-time/full-time if I knew I hadn't pulled my weight.

On present form yes but, not on their true ability. Last seasons Klaasen, Sandro, Gylfi, Keane, Jordan, were all class players and would have been in the 94 side (maybe not jord).

No "maybe" about it.....no way Pickford is getting in before Neville ;)

Players returning from injury, a transfer window and (probably) a new permanent manager mate. That's all really.

Injured players.

Coleman and Barkley are not gonna turn this around on their own.
Funes Mori and Bolassi ( spelling) haven't exactly set the place on fire in their time here and i don't see any injured strikers in our treatment room.

Transfer window

We are 16th in the league now, what big name, half decent players are going to arrive in January, apart from the mercenary ones, looking for a big, fat pay cheque and a relegation clause built into their contract?

Permanent Manager.

This has got to be sorted out now.

Im sorry for being so " doom and gloom" but i'm hurting, watching our club disintegrate before our eyes, and our board just ambling along as if tomorrow will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.