Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a shambles this manager search.

Wasted a good month including 2 weeks of no football trying to get Silva when his owners are adamant he is staying.

Like someone said above his contract runs out in the summer,it's going to be Unsy till end of the season then Silva will be installed as the board seem to want Silva badly.

I can't see him ditching them

It will ultimately hurt his reputation to walk out on a club so soon after joining for another team in the same league

He'll see out his Watford contract first, it's only running till the summer anyway
Reputation? It'll be enhanced if he came and did well here, it would be damaged if he came here and was terrible. Same applies if he sticks to Watford.

Manager move about like players. The whole notion of loyalty today is in the bin.

I wouldn't demand it of any manager of Everton unless they were ex-players, then I would. But only under that circumstance.

No employers or supporters out there will care if Silva moved three times in a short period. They just want a manager who can do something for them even if it's for a season.

Don't know if they save on loyalty bonuses etc. as I don't know his contract of course, but for sure they'd lose money when compared to simply transferring his contract officially to Everton.
Does he have a clause in his contract that stops him from signing for another club for a certain period if he resigns. I know a few cubs like to have this clause to stop good managers swapping and changing if they want to leave the club in the lurch. Make them think twice about resigning if they have to sit twiddling their thumbs for a while

Been a shambles this manager search.

Wasted a good month including 2 weeks of no football trying to get Silva when his owners are adamant he is staying.

Like someone said above his contract runs out in the summer,it's going to be Unsy till end of the season then Silva will be installed as the board seem to want Silva badly.

Is his contract at Watford not for two years?

He has about eighteen months to run if that’s the case.

Does he have a clause in his contract that stops him from signing for another club for a certain period if he resigns. I know a few cubs like to have this clause to stop good managers swapping and changing if they want to leave the club in the lurch. Make them think twice about resigning if they have to sit twiddling their thumbs for a while

No idea. All Silva would have to do is pretend he's fine with that and threaten to resign anyway - Watford would then bend over and take the £10m+.

I don't even particularly want Silva but personally I'm a bit surprised everyone has taken the last few days as indicating in any way that it's over. It's anything but - he's still almost certain to be our next manager in my view, probably within the week.

I would say those Watford wallahs are cute enough hoors to have such a clause inserted in the manager’s contract.

I think anyone believing that Moshiri has sunk four weeks into negotiating for a manager who's obviously given him encouragement to come for him has now meekly walked away are being very unrealistic.

This is set to run, imo.
Dave.
I am fascinated by the role that Silva has played in this. I think everybody would agree that he must have expressed some interest through his agent/s or Everton are unlikely to have pursued somebody who left it be known had no interest in joining our club.

It may well be that he has said that he is happy at Watford and will only leave if an amicable agreement is reached... and just now that seems likely, albeit showing a lack of ambition from Silva.
There is the possibility that he is quietly still trying to engineer a move but at this stage if he still harbour a desire to move then it is hard to see how anything but the nuclear option(resignation) will have any effect.

It does remind me a little our own situation with Lukaku and Stones, as soon as they indicated they wanted to leave it just became a question of when and how much.
We hear about the break clause in the contract, but I would question that at this stage.
I find the whole situation unusual and would ask if we have been looking at Silva since he RK was first sacked or were we trying to get Allyrdyce until next summer and try to attract Silva then.

Status
Not open for further replies.