Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball is in Silva's court now. If he is interested in the blues then he will have to force the issue at his end. Better for Everton anyway that. Hate seeing us continually being held for ransom by no marks like in summer. Lets hope that we are exploring other avenues such as Tuchel.
We’re only held to ransom because we have absolutely no idea what we are doing so we get ourselves into these preposterous situations.

Tuchel is going absolutely nowhere near Everton, almost certainly the first to bin us off.

Listen Watford may well have kept their manager, as is their right, he is under contract to them. But let's no kid ourselves Watford fans, you all know he would rather be here. What you have basically is an unhappy manager. Then again even if he would have come here, if the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea etc flashed their knickers, he'd be over in a flash....So to speak.

We've done all we can, those slating the club during this saga need to give their heads a wobble.

Offering 20m, amazing offer for Silva, what more can we do?

Moshiri sacked Koeman when we were all crying out for it, now he's getting stick for not holding a gun to the Watford chairman's head and saying take the 20m you 'unt!.

It was always going to be extremely hard to get a quality manager in mid season, I'd take 10m of the 20 and say there you go Tuchel, 4m signing on fee for you and 6m a year, but he may be holding out for a top CL club.

You’d think that if this was off, we would have announced Unsworth as our manager today.

Hmm.

Q87VW.gif
Or there is no plan to give it unsworth and the plan is to appoint a new manager.

No matter the time it takes

We've done all we can, those slating the club during this saga need to give their heads a wobble.

Moshiri sacked Koeman when we were all crying out for it, now he's getting stick for not holding a gun to the Watford chairman's head and saying take the 20m you 'unt!.

It was always going to be extremely hard to get a quality manager in mid season, I'd take 10m of the 20 and say there you go Tuchel, 4m signing on fee for you and 6m a year, but he may be holding out for a top CL club.

I doubt we offered that amount of money but even anything double figures for him shows how small time we are. Throwing huge amounts for a manager with no proven record in this league just because we have the money?

If it was any other club we would be taking the mick out of them for that

Listen Watford may well have kept their manager, as is their right, he is under contract to them. But let's no kid ourselves Watford fans, you all know he would rather be here. What you have basically is an unhappy manager. Then again even if he would have come here, if the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea etc flashed their knickers, he'd be over in a flash....So to speak.
Can’t speak for others but I have never, not once, denied that. I disagree that he’s ‘unhappy’ because he could have resigned. We don’t know how he feels - all we have is him saying certain things that I would say constitute him being happy at Watford but perhaps feeling he could be happier at Everton given the opportunity. You can label us many things, but I wouldn’t say the vast majority of Watford fans are stupid - if he’d sulked about, made a fuss, and the team look poor last Sunday, the fans would have quickly turned and wanted him gone. But that didn’t happen so we are happy to accept the situation as it is.

I doubt we offered that amount of money but even anything double figures for him shows how small time we are. Throwing huge amounts for a manager with no proven record in this league just because we have the money?

If it was any other club we would be taking the mick out of them for that
We need a manager mate, the club are trying to buy one, ofcourse we will have to pay over the odds mid season, no pleasing some people, I despair at our fan base sometimes I really do.

Some good points there mate.

I think what's upsetting most people though, is the fact the club seemed to have blindly sacked Moonhead, with no clear idea of who would replace him.

Since then it just looks like we've bounced from manager to manager.

Which is small time and very embarrassing.

Some good points there mate.

I think what's upsetting most people though, is the fact the club seemed to have blindly sacked Moonhead, with no clear idea of who would replace him.

Since then it just looks like we've bounced from manager to manager.

Which is small time and very embarrassing.
I think they thought Unsworth would just do a smooth transition from u23 manager to first team which would buy them time, or even better be their ‘man’
Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out like that and now we look amateurish and desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.