Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we do get marco silva an announcement will be made on wednesday if not there will be an announcement on friday probably giving unsworth a deal to the end of the season
I can see the sense of that to end speculation and maybe try and stabilise things at the club. But I really dont think he's done enough to get the job and I doubt we'll get to next Friday without a new manager.

I think there's a way. It needs a manager who can adapt players and slot them in to positions they aren't used to.
I really would like to believe that but I am truely shocked at how much Baines has deteriorated and how poor Williams and Jagielka are...but really shocked at how poor and weak Keane is...

I can see the sense of that to end speculation and maybe try and stabilise things at the club. But I really dont think he's done enough to get the job and I doubt we'll get to next Friday without a new manager.
i honestly thing he should go to a championship club or just somewhere where he can get experience as getting in ur u23s manager to do a job at ur club that is supposed to be trying to get in the champions league just doesnt seem right

I really would like to believe that but I am truely shocked at how much Baines has deteriorated and how poor Williams and Jagielka are...but really shocked at how poor and weak Keane is...

The CD is hopeless most of all.

We need to find one player in the squad who can do a Mascherano type of role and be one of the two who can step out and snuff out danger.

FBs: I'd even be tempted t adapt as other clubs have done, wingers to play there. Could Lennon do a job back there for example? I think he could.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

I think there's a way. It needs a manager who can adapt players and slot them in to positions they aren't used to.
I agree. However I do find it ironic that having spent years criticising managers for trying to fit round pegs in square holes, we are currently in a position where we require a manager who can do just that.

i honestly thing he should go to a championship club or just somewhere where he can get experience as getting in ur u23s manager to do a job at ur club that is supposed to be trying to get in the champions league just doesnt seem right
I reckon he has to do that now. The U23 post was surely to cut his teeth on before getting a go at the first team. No going back easily to that.

I agree. However I do find it ironic that having spent years criticising managers for trying to fit round pegs in square holes, we are currently in a position where we require a manager who can do just that.
It's needs must - that's because that Dutch Disaster hollowed out the club as a functioning team with an identity of its own.

Make no mistake, Koeman cratered this club for years to come. He was a calamity we'll pay for for ages.

Why not? Shankly finished up watching Everton. Hickson played for Liverpool. FSW as manager of Everton would be the ultimate RS wind up. Imagine winning at Analfield with Rafael managing Everton !! The RS would never live it down !!

I'd be very happy if we got him in. His Liverpool connections are a big plus to me, and it would wind the RS up chronic.

Why not? Shankly finished up watching Everton. Hickson played for Liverpool. FSW as manager of Everton would be the ultimate RS wind up. Imagine winning at Analfield with Rafael managing Everton !! The RS would never live it down !!
Managers are different. They are the standard bearers. The club's official face to the world.

Would you want that to be an ex Liverpool manager who knowingly insulted us as "small"?

He fails on two counts.

I am that down about our situation at the minute Steve I am coming around to your way of thinking:)

Status
Not open for further replies.