Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray 26
Richarlison 20
Hughes 22
Chalobah 22

These were his signings last summer (ignoring backup frees/loans).

This tells me that even though he may have seen Watford as a 2 year contract stepping stone, he invested in the long term. Koeman of course did the opposite to this which ive been very displeased with.

It also shows a possible preference to build teams with a focus on youth (which we have in abundance).

His teams play to their strengths and play to win...he's used different tactics at each of his clubs.

If he did come in and brought Richarlison with him we could have Lookman, Richarlison and Vlasic as our wide players.

This would be a very exciting appointment.
You state Koeman did the opposite to buy young and then list Lookman and Vlasic below :)

If (and big if) Watford let him go (I'm afraid I read no more into yesterday's presser than 'I would be interested but I would need my bosses' blessing, if not, happy to stay'), then you can be absolutely certain there will be watertight no poaching clauses.

Finally! Someone else sees this, too!

Today's game will be a watershed moment. Win, and Unsworth gets until at least Xmas. Lose, then Silva will be in place within a fortnight.

Today's game will be a watershed moment. Win, and Unsworth gets until at least Xmas. Lose, then Silva will be in place within a fortnight.

There's no such thing as a watershed moment with Everton mate.

It's nearly a month now since Moonhead got the boot and we're still no nearer to getting a new manager in, than we were then.

All another defeat will mean, is that the chaos and panic stations will get ratcheted up another notch.

Don’t think so.

Why should a win against the team at the bottom of the table be an indication that Unsworth can do better?

All our games we have coming up should be wins.

I don’t think Moshiri would accept mediocrity from the manager, Kenwright would and that is what Unsworth is (if that).

Don’t think so.

Why should a win against the team at the bottom of the table be an indication that Unsworth can do better?

All our games we have coming up should be wins.

I don’t think Moshiri would accept mediocrity from the manager, Kenwright would and that is what Unsworth is (if that).
Agree, Unsy, sadly, is not ready.

I think, regardless of what happens today, Silva will be here a lot earlier than that.

Middle of next week would be my guess.

Optimistic dave! I genuinely worry how long it will take us when it took us 4 weeks to ask for their manager and get told no. Then wait 4 days before getting together and deciding what the next step is.

Considering it was said from the beginning moshiri wanted Silva I can't understand why we would do nothing? Plus waste a 2 week break to get the man in and settled before today.

Optimistic dave! I genuinely worry how long it will take us when it took us 4 weeks to ask for their manager and get told no. Then wait 4 days before getting together and deciding what the next step is.

Considering it was said from the beginning moshiri wanted Silva I can't understand why we would do nothing? Plus waste a 2 week break to get the man in and settled before today.
It's accelerated in the last couple of days, though.

You cant have a manager's situation "out there" and unresolved...and that goes for both clubs.

Everton wont step away from the pursuit, and Watford will want this sorted also.

Just a matter of an acceptable compo figure to go now. That wont be long in coming.

If he does come here there will be no "honeymoon" period as far as I am concerned. I will be expecting results(ie wins) from the off expecting him to earn his obscene salary straight away....no excuses Marco lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.