Match Thread Crystal Palace vs Everton, 18/11/2017. KO @ 3pm GMT.

Who will be less crap on the day?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My lads , one Palace one Blue and me always have a good time at both grounds. Never any bother in years. We sit together, main stand at ours, top balcony at yours. Enjoy Saturday, (not too much though..)

Just checked with the son
The pub is called the Pawsons arms
So it’ll be a big fry up then the Pawsons Arms for the Arsenal /Spurs game and then the Everton Palace game
Then another pub for the Manure game , then dinner and back to his local
Sunday will be spent nursing the mother of all hangovers
At my age I can do the drinking but can’t cope with the hangovers

But it’s obviously in his contract that he plays every week and plays wherever he wants irrespective of tactics or where he is needed

...I very much doubt that. I think Managers pick him because of his desire and influence on the pitch, trouble is he ends up trying to put fires out all over the place. My own personal view is that he should be used sparingly.

I fear for us at Palace. I really can’t see us keeping them out and as we struggle to score goals the result seems inevitable.

...I very much doubt that. I think Managers pick him because of his desire and influence on the pitch, trouble is he ends up trying to put fires out all over the place. My own personal view is that he should be used sparingly.

I fear for us at Palace. I really can’t see us keeping them out and as we struggle to score goals the result seems inevitable.
You do realise eggs that I said that with my tongue firmly in my cheek.
I’m just baffled that he plays so much and won’t hold his position
I’m not doubting his passion and desire to win but by playing in his given position he would be more effective

You do realise eggs that I said that with my tongue firmly in my cheek.
I’m just baffled that he plays so much and won’t hold his position
I’m not doubting his passion and desire to win but by playing in his given position he would be more effective

..i’m gullible, Brian. I do agree, though. It’s not just holding his position, he played left side for a spell against Watford and he simply didn’t have the legs to keep up with their full back. He must realise his situation, once or twice he threw desperate tackles in that were lucky to have missed.

Just watched the presser.
Schneiderlin and Mirallas was "something and nothing", "both totally committed" and Schneiderlin has trained "really, really well all week"
Barkley is nearly ready but not quite
Davies is fit an available
Martina has trained all week and is available

Just watched the presser.
Schneiderlin and Mirallas was "something and nothing", "both totally committed" and Schneiderlin has trained "really, really well all week"
Barkley is nearly ready but not quite
Davies is fit an available
Martina has trained all week and is available
Just to add to this, Coleman did some 'work' with the Ireland squad and Bolasie has been training with the ball with the U23's, so two positives there.

Palace have improved marginally after their horror start, but no more than that. Beating Chelsea was a fluke, the 1-0 loss
against Spurs flattered them and they were lucky to get a late point against bloody West Ham who are even worse than
us.

Zaha is always dangerous - potentially - but it didn't help them when they didn't even score in their first seven or so games.

The win against Watford papered over the cracks and it might have given us a bit of momentum, but the two week break
has probably dampened that. Just our luck.

I think Benteke will be a bit underdone and I think Everton can put out a better team than them. Do I think we'll win then?

I've got no idea. I'm just hoping.

Pickford
Kenny Jageilka Keane Baines
Gana Davies
Lennon Rooney Lookman
Niasse

Stek, Williams, Holgate, Schneiderlin, Vlasic, Sigurdsson, DCL​

Xa
Palace have improved marginally after their horror start, but no more than that. Beating Chelsea was a fluke, the 1-0 loss
against Spurs flattered them and they were lucky to get a late point against bloody West Ham who are even worse than
us.

Zaha is always dangerous - potentially - but it didn't help them when they didn't even score in their first seven or so games.

The win against Watford papered over the cracks and it might have given us a bit of momentum, but the two week break
has probably dampened that. Just our luck.

I think Benteke will be a bit underdone and I think Everton can put out a better team than them. Do I think we'll win then?

I've got no idea. I'm just hoping.

Zaha got injured on opening day amd missed 1/2 months, he only came back for Chelsea game.
A lot of people reckon Palace were unlucky against Spurs.
This will be tough, as bad as they may have been I've still seen them create plenty of chances, they just didn't put them away.
Hopefully we will take some confidence from the Watford win.

Status
Not open for further replies.