Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember in the Moyes years there was always a "flavour of the month" manager knocking about who some parts of our fanbase were agitating for. I cant remember every name but they basically all faded away and became thoroughly unfashionable again, and it was retrospectively laughable that anyone would even mention them and Everton in the same sentence. Aidy Boothroyd, Paul Lambert, Alex McLeish, Ian Holloway, Owen Coyle, Malky McCay, Phil Brown. You know the ilk. Done a great job at a small club. Just IMAGINE what they'd do with Everton.

Anyway. I've got a feeling this is the same phenomenon with Dyche, but we may actually be about to take the plunge. Do not want, tbh.

No-one consistently scores less goals than Burnley, no-one.

Everyone is freaking out over a manager than can eek out 1-0 wins against his contemporaries and occasionally bag a 1-1 against a better team

Is this aspirational?
No one is freaking out, but have some perspective. He's finding ways to get results with freaking Burnley who have no money and bad players. We have some money and bad players, so maybe it'll be ok. Clearly when you take Lukaku away from Everton we can't score goals either.

No one is freaking out, but have some perspective. He's finding ways to get results with freaking Burnley who have no money and bad players. We have some money and bad players, so maybe it'll be ok. Clearly when you take Lukaku away from Everton we can't score goals either.
If I remember Martinez was equally good at finding ways to get results with Swansea and Wigan, even won the cup.

Get him signed.

I remember in the Moyes years there was always a "flavour of the month" manager knocking about who some parts of our fanbase were agitating for. I cant remember every name but they basically all faded away and became thoroughly unfashionable again, and it was retrospectively laughable that anyone would even mention them and Everton in the same sentence. Aidy Boothroyd, Paul Lambert, Alex McLeish, Ian Holloway, Owen Coyle, Malky McCay, Phil Brown. You know the ilk. Done a great job at a small club. Just IMAGINE what they'd do with Everton.

Anyway. I've got a feeling this is the same phenomenon with Dyche, but we may actually be about to take the plunge. Do not want, tbh.
Maybe Koeman should be top of your long list. You obviously don't want an English manager as our last two foreign managers have been outrageously successful

He wasn't, his Premier League win percentage is right down there with the worst to ever manage in the league.
Martinez was about 29%

Dyche is on 24%

But I wouldn't want statistics to influence the outcome, we could go on entertainment value

Martinez was about 29%

Dyche is on 24%

But I wouldn't want statistics to influence the outcome, we could go on entertainment value

Martinez has that record over 7 seasons, Dyche is over 2 and a quarter. And tbh Martinez has only had one entertaining season anyway, for his own fans that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.