Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing will happen until next international break at least...board not learning from mistakes made in the past. There are no chances that we will win any of the next 3 games. Because of the fixtures to come this will have been the best time to change manager in order to give him time to assess the squad...maybe it is a just financial and that's why he is still in charge.

I'm wondering if I can even be arsed any more because, if that tweet is true, then the club obviously aren't
This is the way i feel.

Back with Martinez at least we knew he was going at the end of the season minus a cup miracle so it was easier to deal with. By the derby I was watching just to see how bad we were but you knew he was going so you could be excited for the new man whoever it was at the time.

With koeman you get the feeling that things aren't going to change anytime soon no matter how bad it gets. It makes the games seem so much further apart dreading the result and it isn't fun to watch a defeat when you expect it to come.

For the first time as a blue I am not arsed anymore. I lost interest in the national team quite a while ago but it feels like that's where I will end up here, no ambition, no humility from the board and nothing to really get your hopes up. When the results don't matter and the fans are ignored then what is left besides a money generator for the board?

Nothing will happen until next international break at least...board not learning from mistakes made in the past. There are no chances that we will win any of the next 3 games. Because of the fixtures to come this will have been the best time to change manager in order to give him time to assess the squad...maybe it is a just financial and that's why he is still in charge.
But we had money to spend on a striker?

Surely that wasn't a lie as well. Imagine a team literally running out if money to buy the most important player of the team because they couldn't sell enough players after 140 million already spent.

It comes to something when Steve Claridge (of all people) nails it: "you just can't see what he's trying to do"

Thats the main issue, the team and the formation and the style of play is changed week in, week out. 4 at the back, 3 at the back, 2 in midfield, 3 in midfield. Yesterday tipped me over the edge, 3-6----------1. Nobody knew who to pick up, everyone knows that Arsenal are all about movement, for years they been one the most fluid, fast paced sides in the league and he went into the game hoping that flooding the midfield would nulify their threat without having an outlet to hit them with.

DCL was left to carry the threat against 3 centre backs, while everyone else was drilled to drop so deep we may as well just started 9 defenders. I remember the last days of Smith, he did the same but against a Forrest side that hadn't won away all year. Its the sign of a manager who has no faith in his side, rather than concentrating on what we could do to them and hitting their weaknesses, he was more concerned about walking away with a point, or at best a slender defeat.

I'm in two minds about this. I went into the 'get rid' camp recently, but then what? We can put Unsworth in charge, and
who knows, he could be the man, or at least bring about a temporary run of results and get us out of trouble, but it's
a gamble.
I keep hearing pundits saying that we have bought good players and that Koeman should be given time to get them
organised. Peter Shmeichel was adamant before the game that he shouldn't be sacked and made a strong case for him.
I really don't know what we should do, but I know it's getting serious.
Do u wanna get relegated, mate?

John Collins there, the prime example of the kind of people we need to keep well away from the club. The fact that this bloke actually represented Everton on the pitch at one point in time is shocking..

On the flipside, Andy Gray has gone up in my estimations for putting him in his place.

Can't stand Collins. Sums him up that he tried to laugh at Gray for suggesting a club like Everton could beat the top 5, when we beat yesterday's opponents in the same fixture 2-1 last season and wiped the floor with Man City 4-0 too...

As someone else said, these are the people we need to be kept well away from the club. There needs to be a change in mentality from everyone involved.

I'm not expecting us to challenge the top 6 yet, but I do expect us to try and challenge over the next few years. If Spurs could do it, why can't we? They've won very little over the last 20 years like us, and were never given the respect of the rest of the favoured clubs but have got themselves in there. I see no reason why we can't aspire to do that either.

I'm wondering if I can even be arsed any more because, if that tweet is true, then the club obviously aren't

Think it's going to be case of how ruthless/ambitious Moshiri wants to be seen Mikey, he was ruthless with Martinez (and rightly so) but with Koeman being his man, having to pay the compensation to get him, giving him £150m to spend this Summer..................

Status
Not open for further replies.