Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got to be honest here – I think he is self-sabotaging. There is absolutely no way any manager would change the starting line-up/formation as often as Koeman has. He seems to be deliberately keeping an unsettled side.

The only person that apparently cannot see this is the problem is Koeman. I honestly don’t think he is that clueless.

Koeman knows how to set up without a Lukaku type in the team. He is refusing to do that, just to prove a point - “You didn’t get me a Lukaku replacement – this is your fault”. He didn’t expect to still be here, because he over-estimated the ambition of our board (or under-estimated Moshiri’s nerve).

Someone mentioned earlier – tongue in cheek – that it was a game of chess between Koeman and Moshiri. I don’t think that statement is very far from the truth. He wants out, but not without his compensation.

Also, just as a footnote – In the same fixtures last year, Lukaku had scored six goals (four of them against Bournemouth). Rooney, this season has scored three, with Niasse also scoring three. We picked up fifteen points, compared to seven points this season. To me, that suggests that we have replaced the Lukaku goals. The problems lie with selection, formation and tactics. This is all on Koeman. No one knows what they are supposed to be doing, because, as mentioned previously – he, for whatever reason, keeps changing it.

Rant over.

He is known to use different formations. At Soton he used 13 different combinations in one season.

Would this would point more towards about the how the opposition play rather than our own team?.

How many of our players can adjust to playing in so many different formations with different players around them each week.

How often have Jags, Keane, Baines and Williams played in a back 3?

Vlasic has now been used in 3 different positions this past fortnight.

I do agree, i think he knows his time may be up.

He needs to go back to basics. Not a fan of his but hes clearly going nowhere. If we are to survive he needs to stop trying to be clever. set up a flat back 4, use wingers and just grind out a couple of tight wins and clean sheets.

I’ve got to be honest here – I think he is self-sabotaging. There is absolutely no way any manager would change the starting line-up/formation as often as Koeman has. He seems to be deliberately keeping an unsettled side.

The only person that apparently cannot see this is the problem is Koeman. I honestly don’t think he is that clueless.

Koeman knows how to set up without a Lukaku type in the team. He is refusing to do that, just to prove a point - “You didn’t get me a Lukaku replacement – this is your fault”. He didn’t expect to still be here, because he over-estimated the ambition of our board (or under-estimated Moshiri’s nerve).

Someone mentioned earlier – tongue in cheek – that it was a game of chess between Koeman and Moshiri. I don’t think that statement is very far from the truth. He wants out, but not without his compensation.

Also, just as a footnote – In the same fixtures last year, Lukaku had scored six goals (four of them against Bournemouth). Rooney, this season has scored three, with Niasse also scoring three. We picked up fifteen points, compared to seven points this season. To me, that suggests that we have replaced the Lukaku goals. The problems lie with selection, formation and tactics. This is all on Koeman. No one knows what they are supposed to be doing, because, as mentioned previously – he, for whatever reason, keeps changing it.

Rant over.
Interesting point of view mate you may be something in that

I would say the contract situation with Moyes at United was vastly different to what Koeman has here.

Moyes would have crawled to OT on his hands and knees and signed the contract with his own blood, agreeing to just about owt they insisted on writing into it.

Koeman, on the other hand, was only persuaded to come here at the end of a protracted saga which ended up with all kinds of ridiculous money being chucked at him and at Saints to release him from his contract there.

Moshiri became obsessed with the notion of “four elite managers in the north west”.

Even when Ronald deigned to accept the job, he couldn't be arsed breaking off from his holiday to come and sign up in a fanfare of trumpets.

In those circumstances, I would be willing to bet Koeman as good as wrote his own contract and that he has a full pay out in the event of dismissal at the very heart of it.

I imagine that your assessment is absolutely spot on.

It's clear that Koeman isn't going anywhere this month, regardless of results.

Rightly or wrongly (in my view wrongly), he's being given plenty of time to rectify the mess he has made.

Status
Not open for further replies.