Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsworth until May, with some reservation but he couldn't possibly make things any worse.

There needs to be a period of stability and options can be re-assessed towards the end of the season.

I support this theory.

Like it or not if Koeman is still in charge in July he only has twelve months left on deal.
Can't see a new contact on table at mo.

Ancelotti for his pedigree.
Unsworth for the undoubted passion and commitment he has.

Unsworth is without question a risk but if it paid off it would be the making of the club. I can understand reservations though.

Currently me and my 7 year old son could get similar results to Koeman. I would do it for a 10th of the salary too. Robbing the club blind that golfer.

£600k a year.

I'd do it for a 10th of your salary.

What we need is a manager who can judge a player and has a clear plan on how he'd use them.

We've gone from Moyes who, through circumstances and his personality, clearly evaluated players before he signed them. We had a set system of play and he signed players we needed.

Went to Roberto who started off like this then suddenly started signing players who didn't really fit in with the way he played, and by the end seemed to lose the plot altogether.

Koeman (or Walsh who knows) have taken this to the extreme, he want to play a 4-3-3 with a solid base, 3 mobile midfielders, a strong striker and 2 pacey wide attackers and somehow ends up with a team of very slow players who can play #10 and no striker.

The lack of transparency in transfer dealings is a concern

Pack in the Unsworth shouts too for goodness sake. He's done nothing to merit the job. No experience whatsoever. We aren't a non league club. Have some ambition.

In fairness Barca went for 2 of their youth coaches and a bloke who failed at Roma and they were highly successful (does help having the world's best players mind)

Unsworth until May, with some reservation but he couldn't possibly make things any worse.

There needs to be a period of stability and options can be re-assessed towards the end of the season.

I'm thinking it would be good if maybe we could give Unsworth a four to six game go at caretaker manager if we are forced to get rid of Koeman. (if he doesn't turn it around)

Hopefully that would give us a bit more of an indication of what he would be like as a manager for a future appointment down the line, but I would not want him to be the next permanent manager after Koeman.

I’m not interested in these wacky European managers with their philosophies, we’ve done that and it hasn’t worked. Get someone who can organise and drill a plan into a team.

Sean Dyche step up

Ancelotti isn't gonna fix anything. The issue with a foreign suit spreaking broken english and putting out contorted tactics is still gonna be there. Anyone else than established star manager types is gonna be a step down and we all know it. Koeman stays unless he loses two more in October.

Also we have never directly recruited a manager from a club outside the UK.

Not really sure who is the latest young emerging hotshot after Jardim and Tuchel apart from Nagelsmann who clearly isn't an option, and the guy Weinzierl who has not impressed me either. The guy at Hertha Berlin impressed (can't recall name) but too risky for a job like Everton.

TBH I thought the list of candidates last time around wasn't hugely inspiring, and in a crisis I would think the club would opt to be conservative, at least in the short-term. Positively that means Unsworth, but given Kenwright's tendencies to look local, then like it or not, Allardyce would be in the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.