2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needed a defender who could, ya know, defend

Absolutely mate, he ain't great as a right back and would probably make sense being played as a wing back, but he was criminally short of any kind of help today.

He was out of contract for a reason, and that's because he's limited at this level, but we signed him, and then he was effectively left out to dry today because of the way were setup. Not only that, but, even when it was obvious he was being targeted, we didn't seem to try anything to counter that

He is the worst right back I have seen since going the game for us.

Can cross but that's it.

Brain dead half the time, lacks confidence and energy .

Literally counted 6 times in the first half Keane/Rooney/Pickford had to point to tell him where to go .

What Kenny has to do to get a game is beyond me.

I didn't watch today's game Joey, (thank God!) but I note in the MOTM poll he rated quite highly. I guess the best way to describe the schism in opinion he effects, is to say he's a polarising figure..,.
They were all awful CU CU going forwards was good his defending was a joke standing ten yard off the crosser dancing on one leg if they took the ball to him, at fault for all 3 goals when he kicked fresh air - then he did his famous header to a spurs striker - never a defender as long as I orifice in my backside - he was that good at defending - saying that the whole team were pants our motm was the corner flag!

Absolutely mate, he ain't great as a right back and would probably make sense being played as a wing back, but he was criminally short of any kind of help today.

He was out of contract for a reason, and that's because he's limited at this level, but we signed him, and then he was effectively left out to dry today because of the way were setup. Not only that, but, even when it was obvious he was being targeted, we didn't seem to try anything to counter that
That's the way I saw it as well,I'm not saying he is a good player but he got hung out to dry today.

giphy.gif

Can cross but that's it.

Literally counted 6 times in the first half Keane/Rooney/Pickford had to point to tell him where to go .

Still rating him ahead of Holmes, Hottiger, O'Kane, Cleland, Tony Thomas and Mitch Ward at this point..

They were all awful CU CU going forwards was good his defending was a joke standing ten yard off the crosser dancing on one leg if they took the ball to him, at fault for all 3 goals when he kicked fresh air - then he did his famous header to a spurs striker - never a defender as long as I orifice in my backside - he was that good at defending - saying that the whole team were pants our motm was the corner flag!
lol lol I always enjoy your posts Joey...you have a uniquely expressive style

Can cross but that's it.

Didn't bother watching us today, and probably won't bother again until I see Kenny starting, or at least the return of a fit Coleman.

I cannot stomach watching this guy pretending to be a footballer, and if Koeman doesn't get his head out of his backside sharpish, he can jog on too.

He wasnt hung out to dry. He is just a dreadful defender out of his depth at PL level.
He was getting caught out of position because of how he was asked to play,and no he is not a very good player,and he is limited defensively but he was also getting pulled all over the place though a lack of help.He is also a very easy target.

Status
Not open for further replies.