Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you ready for this...

July 26th - "We have lost (Ramiro) Funes Mori to a knee injury and I am looking to replace him. We lost Romelu Lukaku and brought in Sandro Ramirez but we are trying to sign another striker and maybe one more."

August 3rd - "We need two more front players"

August 11th - "But still now we really have one striker, in my opinion ... “But compare that to the big teams and what they have on the bench or even in the stands and it is a big difference to Everton."

August 16th - "We still need to sign a striker."

August 21st - "We are looking for a left-footed central defender, maybe as back-up for Leighton Baines ... Also a striker because I think even with the talent of Dominic and Ramirez, look to other squads. They have that number of players. If we need to make the next step we need a striker in as well."

August 26th - "We need at least two more players to get numbers in, but the most important thing is to get a striker in,"

I hope Ronald walks away from this shambles. He will be absolutely fuming, I hope he hasn't had a drink tonight.

Get that completely useless waste of money Steve Walsh straight into the bin. What a terrible appointment.

Farhad Moshiri please stop chatting wham to Jim White and just get on with building a competitive football club, clear out the board room and sort yourself out.

Sorry!!!!

I've missed one from the weekend!!

August 27th - "We need at least two more players ... We need to get numbers in ... Everyone knows, the board knows the importance of those two signings."

"Everyone knows"

"the board knows"

Well it seemsthat a few of them didn't get this simple blatant message Ronald!

Can't wait for the yellow bar on SSN tomorrow when he resigns.

Last edited:
Was Walsh down the pub with his days mixed up or something?

it is definitely unfortunate that we didn't get another striker in

I think maybe simultaneous multi-million pound business deals with dozens of clauses might be difficult?

Tell Kenwright to stop saying we have unrestricted funds and Moshiri to stop saying we're throwing mad £70m bids in for defenders.

We're run by a board full of egotists and liars.

Essentially, we're the Northern version of West Ham.

We'll soon have the council-funded stadium to match, too.

I don't think Kenright ever said that, and if he did, it's your fault for believing it.

We have spent a lot this summer.

Struggling to understand the forward situation after the very predictable sale of Lukaku. Going to struggle this season

So, whilst the early part of the window was fine, we've managed to spunk £150m or so and end up with little or nothing up top. Players like Llorente, Bony, Perez (who Ronald wanted last year), Gray, Wood, Gayle, Rodriguez, Ichenacheo, Hernandez and others have all been snapped up or available at knock down prices. Hopefully we'll get goals and points against Spurs and United otherwise the mood in here may change. I don't think we'll concede many but I suspect we won't be able to if we need wins.

No idea mate. Nobody else knows either though. Personally I would like to think the manager would say "get me Player A" rather than "get me this type of player" for his starting 11.

I do think Chelsea being messed around the past few days did not help with our striker hunt as I reckon we would have made a move for Batshuayi if they got some other players in.
It's been made clear that Koeman isn't in charge of transfers like Martinez and Moyes we're. What is less clear is where responsibility lies for different types of recruitment between Walsh, Elstone and (I can't believe I'm still saying this after all these years) Kenwright. Whatever way you look at it, not getting a striker in is a massive balls up and there should be repercussions.

Struggling to understand the forward situation after the very predictable sale of Lukaku. Going to struggle this season

I can only assume we were pretty sure more players would be sold, namely Barkley for 30m+ to allow us to get one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.