Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman hands his list of targets to the board/Walsh.

If no one comes in it has absolutely nothing to do with the manager.
Nothing? Really?

I don't think we can say that enequivocally without knowing the conversations that have been had can we? Yes Koeman has said he wants a striker, but has he given a list of genuinely attainable targets? Has he turned his nose up at the players suggested by Walsh and the scouts? We don't really know, so I'm not sure how the manager can be seen as completely blameless if things go pear shaped. It would be a disappointment from all concerned if Lukaku isn't adequately replaced as far as I'm concerned.

Think the media are just plucking any strikers out of thin air.

Though to be fair, that's probably what Everton are doing now.

In my opinion it's desperately disappointing that we've left it so late - we've known Lukaku would be off for some time.

Any team who see us coming for their striker will also know of our desperation now.

Think we really were confident of getting Giroud mate.

We may even still think we have a chance.

Agree if it is the case that it's disappointing to see, and ultimately that's on Walsh and the board, but at the same time we don't know if it's *definitely* the case either.

Best to wait and see what Thursday brings.

Nothing? Really?

I don't think we can say that enequivocally without knowing the conversations that have been had can we? Yes Koeman has said he wants a striker, but has he given a list of genuinely attainable targets? Has he turned his nose up at the players suggested by Walsh and the scouts? We don't really know, so I'm not sure how the manager can be seen as completely blameless if things go pear shaped. It would be a disappointment from all concerned if Lukaku isn't adequately replaced as far as I'm concerned.

He'd be blameless in that he doesn't deal with transfers.

He has a hand in helping put together the list but in the sense of sitting down and getting the deals done it has little to do with him.

...Daily Mail saying Everton are planning a last gasp swoop for 'Porto enforcer', Ivan Marcono.
They've been calling this one for a while, plus Jiminez. Not sure that either will happen and I'm sure the latter is about €40mil

Agree if it is the case that it's disappointing to see, and ultimately that's on Walsh and the board, but at the same time we don't know if it's *definitely* the case either.

If Sanchez goes there's zero chance.

I think it's a dead duck anyway

Sweating? Just laughing at the state of our increasing desperation this close to the deadline. The idea of replacing Rom with this guy is laughable, and we're clearly not signing two strikers.
Think the idea was, when Rom left,was to share the goals, Koeman has never said he was looking to replace him, we need someone to hold the play up bring others into play, and lay it off, IMO.

"We really were confident of getting Perez, Sissoko Koulibaly" etc were all the excuses, even from Moshiri last summer.

Have a list, set deadlines, move on through the list.

A tremendous start in the window has really been soured.

Bonkers and ridiculous to reach this stage without trying to replace Lukaku.

I can't see giroud or anyone as good coming now. Whoever it is will be the like class c list of our list of targets. Or we didn't think sigurddson would be this long hence the rush now. Or were screwed and knew all along we wasn't replacing lukaku...

Can we loan Enner back of Tigres?

I'd actually accept that right now.
We should have signed Enner Valencia.

I see absolutely no reason why we didn't and have said so all along.

He worked hard and was good for us.

Edit: he also knew the league, would help give squad depth and generally give us more pace

Status
Not open for further replies.