Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance. Spurs signed most of their squad with no Champions League. It's just an easy excuse.
In fairness what Spurs signed was mainly potential. I don't think they signed one player who was what I would term the finished article.

It's actually the solution to the problem imo. Like it or not, we are not on the shopping list of 99% of top players We need to be taking a punt on tomorrows top players (like we did with Lukaku and have done with Pickford and Keane). The problem with that is it may take 2/3 seasons to challenge the top 4, and most of our fans expect it now. We're not even prepared to wait 3 games into a new season before cucking our dummies out ffs.

Go and spend the money on Dendoncker, Gibson, Dembele/Dolberg and Chilwell/Tierney. Guarantee that in 2 years people will be talking about us the way they're talking about Spurs now. But we fans need patience. And, more importantly, our manager does too. Pochettino has won nothing yet but everyone accepts he's a top manager.

Yes but that's been apparent for a time.
He had a chance to join a developing team with momentum and to make a difference but he has chosen to stay on the subs bench, being part to abject defeats like yesterday and being in London whilst still collecting a great wage.
He might be a superb player but he decided that he just wants to phone it in for the rest of his career. Fair enough, that sounds pretty good to me too, objectively thinkjng. North London is much more his thing than a cold, wet, savage night in L4 But he's not suitable for Everton. We need people who want to create the same vibe as the Coliseum.

True, maybe his heart's not in it. Would be great though to have Giroud as our gladiator, overpowering defenses and getting on the end of Gilfi's wizardry. DCL could then come on and light it up against tiring opposition.

"This is slander"

this-is-sparta.jpg

Reckon we're trying to get Costa on loan or hope for a Giroud U-Turn. If not we'll turn to Slimani or Benteke and pay over the odds. Risky strategy.

To me Costa isn't even possible so we need to forget about that. I do think we will be asking questions about Giroud again this week though. Surely he can't be serious about staying there and being happy on the bench?! He said before the end of last season he couldn't put up with another season of being on the bench with a World Cup coming up and it seems to be the theme for him this season so if I was Koeman and the board I'd be banging on Arsenal's door for him, even getting on to his agent and telling them how much we want him in hope he has a change of heart?!

I'd also be doing the same with Palace after the start they have had! Be asking about Benteke and speaking to his agent, see how happy he is to stay there?!

The words "Benteke" and "Everton" are appearing in the same sentence from a usually reliable ITK on our forum this morning.
Mind you so are "sack" "the" "useless" "Dutch" " and "pillock".

He didn't look bothered (Benteke) on Saturday but on that basis you could end up with 8 or 9 of them.

I'm not trying to start a rumour, only posting what I've seen elsewhere; another rumour.

Who, WRD?!......

PS Spurs have signed that Sanchez centre back for 40m, surely to play alongside Alderweireld. Can we please give them 20m plus Ross for Vertonghen?

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Ben Davies, Left footed centre back and cover for Leighton, knows Williams game from international games.

We lose away from home against the league champions, we have half a team out with injuries and we know we need a centre forward.
We have won our way through to the league stages of the Europa Cup, we have 4 points having played the two best teams in the country away from home.
Yes we have invested in players but we have also sold.
If anyone thought the money we have spent over and above the money we have taken in would mean we would go to places like Chelsea or City and win then I would suggest a bit of realism was called for.
These teams have been investing in the very best talent for years, we are very much a the start of a process, it will take a while and more investment to bring us up to that level.
If people expected us to overtake the very best in the Premiership in one window they need to have a wee word with themselves.

Koeman also said in the same presser that it's the media pushing the Costa agenda in such words, so I think even he knows it's not possible. Interested IF it was, but I don't think he's confident it is!

Interesting that Dendoncker now seems available. For around £18-20m it's a no brainer, this lad is gonna be a player and imo, we need another genuine DM. I'm not convinced Schneiderlin is but he does a good job there and better than any of our other players and when he's missing we struggle. As good as Gueye is, he's not a genuine holding midfielder. Dendoncker would be brilliant for us!

And the club need to swerve Deeney. I'd take Vardy definitely but not Deeney. No way!....
Dendoncker is a great passer of the ball too, both long and short. Plus he can cover at CB. Actually included in the latest Belgian squad as a defender rather than a midfielder. Fantastic value in the current climate and he's apparently said he wants to work with Koeman. Can't see why we're waiting tbh.

The words "Benteke" and "Everton" are appearing in the same sentence from a usually reliable ITK on our forum this morning.
Mind you so are "sack" "the" "useless" "Dutch" " and "pillock".

He didn't look bothered (Benteke) on Saturday but on that basis you could end up with 8 or 9 of them.

I'm not trying to start a rumour, only posting what I've seen elsewhere; another rumour.

I've literally just said on another post that I'd be asking questions about Benteke. Palace have started poorly and there's already uncertainty over de Boer and they also need money for signings like Sakho so I'd be asking questions and even getting into his agent and planting seeds that we want him and get him unsettled!

To me Costa isn't even possible so we need to forget about that. I do think we will be asking questions about Giroud again this week though. Surely he can't be serious about staying there and being happy on the bench?! He said before the end of last season he couldn't put up with another season of being on the bench with a World Cup coming up and it seems to be the theme for him this season so if I was Koeman and the board I'd be banging on Arsenal's door for him, even getting on to his agent and telling them how much we want him in hope he has a change of heart?!

I'd also be doing the same with Palace after the start they have had! Be asking about Benteke and speaking to his agent, see how happy he is to stay there?!
Think you can get in trouble for "tapping up" players;)

Status
Not open for further replies.