Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I'm going to put this out there but I'm slightly worried by the thought of signing Giroud... a player who is very much comfortable to sit on the bench and not play at arsenal isn't going to come to everton and then get massively excited to play every single game full 90 minutes. I think he's too relaxed and when was the last time a good striker from a top club moved to a lower club and did well? Excluding Rooney and younger strikers who are gagging for game time!

Right, I'm going to put this out there but I'm slightly worried by the thought of signing Giroud... a player who is very much comfortable to sit on the bench and not play at arsenal isn't going to come to everton and then get massively excited to play every single game full 90 minutes. I think he's too relaxed and when was the last time a good striker from a top club moved to a lower club and did well? Excluding Rooney and younger strikers who are gagging for game time!
You shouldn't worry coz we're not gonna sign him.

If it's the case that it isn't right to dismiss a player after one season in a new league, then why don't we have Niassé as our leading striker?

What?

I genuinely have no idea if that is a real question?

In case it is,

Niasse got 4 in 17 for Hull last season. With the same strike rate, he would have got 9 goals. For a newly promoted team, that's a decent return. Hence why, despite him not even getting a look-in with us, he is coveted by other teams. Teams at the bottom of the league often rely on counter-attacking via direct play, especially against the top 10. Niasse has prove he can be effective in that kind of team, illustrated by his goal against the RS last season.

I would imagine the reason he isn't out first choice striker is because:

A) we aren't a team near the bottom of the league
B) we have cash
C) we have others who play the way he does but offer more (he's hardly a target man so he is up against Sandro comparatively)

No-one in here can say, "Niasse will never be a success" because success in itself is subjective. It's for the manager to decide whether, all things considered, the player is one he wants.

So if he wants Slimani because of x, y and z, it's nuts to suggest that based on his first season in the PL and all the other mitigating factors surrounding last year, that it's a bad buy because he has 'proved that he can't handle the PL'. At worst he's unproven and needs further time / games to fully ascertain whether or not this league / Leicester / We are the team to get the best from him. There are lots of success stories for strikers who had underwhelming first seasons, as i've mentioned above.

Slimiani? No. He's useless.

I think we can get a Plan B out of Benteke though. Beast in the air. I think we need to be able to go to that game against stubborn opponents.

Dave that's not the narrative, youre falling off the wagon....

Overspends:

Sigurdsson £15m
Pickford £10m
Keane £10m
Klaassen £25m
You're deluded. With the prices being thrown around for players later on in the window every single one of those signings was a good deal. 30 mil for Pickford when in the same window we are hearing about 140mil bids being rejected for Coutinho. Are you stuck in 2005? Because this must be where you're getting your valuations from.

Status
Not open for further replies.