Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
before Leicester signed him i remember everyone being pretty keen on him when linked to us.

WTAF

I'm tired of people wanting us to sign benteke, slimani, kalinic and players of that ilk (donkeys).

Please make it stop and please Stuart don't put people in the same boat of wanting these useless players.

It's hardly school of science is it?

@davek what do you think?

No it doesn't.
Riyad Mahrez got 6 goals last season after scoring 17 the season before.
Jamie Vardy for 13 despite getting 24 the year before.
Leicester's manager was sacked in February leaving them one point above the relegation zone.

So basically, Slimani comes in to a new team, new league, new country, his new team does terribly, conceding goals barely creating chances. You want to write him off. Nah good. Seems as ever an informed opinion from your good self.

Yet to go back to Vardy, the season before Leicester won the league he scored 5 league goals. So using your logic, he proved he couldnt handle hack the premier league.

Not your greatest argument this one is it?
Leicester were one of the form teams after sacking Ranreri, how much did Slimani contribute to the upturn in results?

I still don't rate Vardy. He is a one season wonder. His records both before and after confirm this.

Strikers like Jelavic and Zaki, etc have all had one good seasons and then faded into obscurity.

A quick look on the Leicester forums will confirm that they don't really rate him, neither does their current manager.

You know better, though.

...I get the impression that the Record is a mouthpiece for Benfica. We might have bid for the player but apparently Benfica said they already had a £40m offer on the table which appears a ruse to get us to pay more.
They probably get the English papers in Portugal and know how much we got for Lukaku.

WTAF

I'm tired of people wanting us to sign benteke, slimani, kalinic and players of that ilk (donkeys).

Please make it stop and please Stuart don't put people in the same boat of wanting these useless players.

Who cares if you're tired of those donkeys being linked when it's what the manager wants?

WTAF

Quite a lot of people wanted us to signing - not everyone and definitely not Zatara ! that better peaches?

Week to go to sort. Tick Tock.

Sign a striker we can achieve something great this season, don't best of the rest most likely.

Sign Slimani and whip it in.

slimwhip.jpg

would people have bought slimani last year from sporting instead of leicester or has last season changed a lot of people's minds? Thought he was fairly highly rated last summer.

The arrival of Iheanacho leaves him surplus to requirements, with no European footie and having paid a fortune for him I reckon Leicester will sell.

I watched him last night and was impressed tbh, I didn't realise he had such a turn of pace, he looked very good tbf.

We could do far worse, starting with Benteke ffs

The arrival of Iheanacho leaves him surplus to requirements, with no European footie and having paid a fortune for him I reckon Leicester will sell.

I watched him last night and was impressed tbh, I didn't realise he had such a turn of pace, he looked very good tbf.

We could do far worse, starting with Benteke ffs

I concur! I am convinced Koeman isn't that daft though.

WTAF

Signing a big Scottish brute would be classed as a donkey as well No? Modern day hero to some fans.

Just because these aren't 18 and fit your style of player doesn't make any of them donkeys

Same as a has been Kevin Campbell was a donkey?

Leicester were one of the form teams after sacking Ranreri, how much did Slimani contribute to the upturn in results?

I still don't rate Vardy. He is a one season wonder. His records both before and after confirm this.

Strikers like Jelavic and Zaki, etc have all had one good seasons and then faded into obscurity.

A quick look on the Leicester forums will confirm that they don't really rate him, neither does their current manager.

You know better, though.
And what were those Leicester fans saying about Vardy the season before they won the league? In comparison to what they were saying the year he got 20+ goals?

And Vardy has proved after his 'big' season that he's a one season wonder?

But you really like Benteke? Presumably because of his goal scoring prowess?

Benteke would improve us massively.

Yet Benteke got 15 goals last season.
Vardy 13, just 2 less.

So.........?

The point is that despite what the Leicester fans who you lurk on say, and despite what you say yourself, writing off any player after a season is madness. A player's success is dependent on lots of variables, included but not limited to:

His team mates' quality
The role his manager wants him to fulfill
The team's style of play the manager wants him to play in
His age
His team mates' age
His team's form
His adaptation to a new country
His adaptation to a new league
His adaptation to a new club

I just think it's massively harsh to suggest Slimani has proven that he can't cut the PL because of one season.

Remember Thierry Henry? He only got 10 league goals in his first season for Arsenal.

He got 27 the year after.

Remember Robin Van Persie.
He scored 5 goals in his first two seasons with Arsenal.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm saying there's more to it than what you're suggesting

And what were those Leicester fans saying about Vardy the season before they won the league? In comparison to what they were saying the year he got 20+ goals?

And Vardy has proved after his 'big' season that he's a one season wonder?

But you really like Benteke? Presumably because of his goal scoring prowess?

Yet Benteke got 15 goals last season.
Vardy 13, just 2 less.

So.........?

The point is that despite what the Leicester fans who you lurk on say, and despite what you say yourself, writing off any player after a season is madness. A player's success is dependent on lots of variables, included but not limited to:

His team mates' quality
The role his manager wants him to fulfill
The team's style of play the manager wants him to play in
His age
His team mates' age
His team's form
His adaptation to a new country
His adaptation to a new league
His adaptation to a new club

I just think it's massively harsh to suggest Slimani has proven that he can't cut the PL because of one season.

Remember Thierry Henry? He only got 10 league goals in his first season for Arsenal.

He got 27 the year after.

Remember Robin Van Persie.
He scored 5 goals in his first two seasons with Arsenal.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm saying there's more to it than what you're suggesting
If it's the case that it isn't right to dismiss a player after one season in a new league, then why don't we have Niassé as our leading striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.