Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be forgivable after the summer we've had to miss out on a partner for Keane, but it would be totally mental not to sign a very good striker. Whoever we get won't be as prolific as Rom, but if they can bag 10-15 in a season and set others up too then they'll be fine by me.

Over to you Steve.

I'm sure we're gonna sign a striker mate. Not concerned about that to be honest

But as a midfielder or wide player one of his main functions is to supply passes and create chances to a Centre forward which at the moment we haven't got
Depends on if you see his quality as making up for what our young strikers DCL and Sandro currently lack. If he's available for a similar fee to what PSG paid, it's a very good deal for whoever gets him. Could also do both ya know. 35mil on Draxler (roughly what he went to PSG for). 20mil on a striker like Kalinic. This is all very hypothetical, and like I said, we won't be signing Draxler, but how anyone could say no to a talent that actually does fill a need we're lacking in is kind of silly.

Depends on if you see his quality as making up for what our young strikers DCL and Sandro currently lack. If he's available for a similar fee to what PSG paid, it's a very good deal for whoever gets him. Could also do both ya know. 35mil on Draxler (roughly what he went to PSG for). 20mil on a striker like Kalinic. This is all very hypothetical, and like I said, we won't be signing Draxler, but how anyone could say no to a talent that actually does fill a need we're lacking in is kind of silly.
I'm not saying no to his talent and in an ideal world I'd sign him and more of his ilk
However at the moment a more pressing need and better use of the 35 m ( if available ) would be to add it to the money available for a striker and buy as some have put it A Boss Slotter

So 3 games into his Everton career Davy Klassen a Dutch international and former captain of Ajax who learned his trade at one of the most famous and prestigious talent producing academies of the last 30 years is a passenger
I'll be sure to let Ronnie know
I wish I could like this more than once.

I'm not saying no to his talent and in an ideal world I'd sign him and more of his ilk
However at the moment a more pressing need and better use of the 35 m ( if available ) would be to add it to the money available for a striker and buy as some have put it A Boss Slotter
I'd love a "boss slotter." Sadly, no idea who it will be. I fear he'll be less than boss unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.