Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Draxler even entering the conversation? Would love to know what kind of 2-7-1 formation people want us to play.

But it works great on FIFA or so I'm told
I wonder do people ever listen to Koemans interviews and what he says in relation to players he wants to sign or do they think he has no say in recruiting players

Might have been mentioned already, but Dembele wasn't in Celtic's squad for their CL qualifier yesterday. We still linked?
Along with being injured, I think Celtic almost certainly having CL means a) they don't NEED the cash so will not sell or ask ridiculous sums b) Dembele may be more inclined to stay for CL football.

Not sure this one was ever really a goer, but I think it's gone now.

Sandro sig drax

Striker
Just a thought
Draxler 40 m Striker 25/30 m
Why not replace Draxler in your original line up with Rooney / Klassen /Davies /Kev / Lookman and spend the 65/70 m on a striker if we have that to spend.
Maybe RK thinks the same as me.
We did after all lose a 25 goal a season striker recently and haven't replaced him

Just a thought
Draxler 40 m Striker 25/30 m
Why not replace Draxler in your original line up with Rooney / Klassen /Davies /Kev / Lookman and spend the 65/70 m on a striker if we have that to spend.
Maybe RK thinks the same as me.
We did after all lose a 25 goal a season striker recently and haven't replaced him

I was going with the 'we are ballin' approach' but i see your point!

The reason I'm saying no to Draxler (talent-wise sure) is we have so many similar attacking players at the minute. We aren't going to bring in a player for £25m then bench him and go out for a £45m player. Rooney, Klaassen, Sigurdsson, Sandro make us chock full of people behind a main striker.
If you can see that , and I can see that and I'm sure RK can see that and hundreds of other people can see that then why oh why cant everybody

Based on current squad and the hypothetical Draxler:-

Pickford

Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines

Schneiderlin Gana

Draxler Gylfi

Rooney

Sandro

Why is this so difficult to imagine if we were ever to get him?
Klaasen is well off the pace and a passenger at the minute.
So 3 games into his Everton career Davy Klassen a Dutch international and former captain of Ajax who learned his trade at one of the most famous and prestigious talent producing academies of the last 30 years is a passenger
I'll be sure to let Ronnie know

But it works great on FIFA or so I'm told
I wonder do people ever listen to Koemans interviews and what he says in relation to players he wants to sign or do they think he has no say in recruiting players
I think it's moreso a player of Draxler's quality isn't made available very often, and as we've just spent a bunch, there's an assumption we might actually be able to afford a player like that for once. If there was any remote possibility of signing Draxler, we'd be foolish not to consider it, priority position or not. If we signed him, which we won't, he'd improve the side immediately. He's also very good out wide. We don't have a lot of natural wide players.

Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/Dendoncker -- Sigurdsson/Gana
Rooney/Bolasie -- Dolberg/Sandro/DCL -- Draxler/Lookman
Dendoncker/Draxler/Dolberg

3 D's = DANGEROUS

Epic mid/fwd squad strength and quality
Top 4

Eh just on a point of order
Draxler , Dolberg and Dendonker don't actually play for Everton Football Club in real life.
They may play for Everton on thousands of computers around the world but they don't have actual paper contracts with us.
What is more I cannot see all three signing for us in the near future.
We seem to have more pressing positions to fill on the pitch as our manager has stated on numerous occasions

I think it's moreso a player of Draxler's quality isn't made available very often, and as we've just spent a bunch, there's an assumption we might actually be able to afford a player like that for once. If there was any remote possibility of signing Draxler, we'd be foolish not to consider it, priority position or not. If we signed him, which we won't, he'd improve the side immediately. He's also very good out wide. We don't have a lot of natural wide players.
But as a midfielder or wide player one of his main functions is to supply passes and create chances to a Centre forward which at the moment we haven't got

It'd be forgivable after the summer we've had to miss out on a partner for Keane, but it would be totally mental not to sign a very good striker. Whoever we get won't be as prolific as Rom, but if they can bag 10-15 in a season and set others up too then they'll be fine by me.

Over to you Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.