2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The criticism of his performances in the early part of last season was certainly justified and he seemed to respond well to it after Christmas so I can't understand his reasoning here. All this just leads me to suspect that the lads got no bottle at all, likely the long term consequence of Martinez telling him he could be like Gazza, Ballack or Zidane even after games when he'd played like a Rodwell.

Just an opinion, but Barkley and his agent obviously had a gameplan that has gone to pot. Whatever the reason, Koeman criticising, in that case he'll make it nowhere, moody ninjas, he'll be a repeat offender at any place, or genuinely thinks he could do well at another big club, see first two points, he has royally gnarlsed his career.
I suspect he's shot his bolt at Everton and is on 'gardening leave', club can't say that, PFA go all namby pamby on it, no one is interested in him at an appropriate price and the injury to whatever extent has been padded out to explain his non involvement.
We'd all like once in a blue moon to see a club letting a player rot his contract down for being disrespectful. Koeman obviously wants things done his own way, and I'm happy with that, Ross goes a little snowflake and pays the price, he was told sign or we sell, so him and his agent knew the situation. He needs a new agent.
I cannot see any future for him at Everton whatsoever, the great shame is he would have benefitted so much from the players that have been brought in. His big loss.
I think he'll go off the rails a bit...

Any interested club would be better off to wait until next year and they could save £20+ mill and wages on a player that will only play at least 6 months of the season.

Plus Ross gets better wages or a bigger signing on fee as clubs have saved money.

Anyway, we can rule out him signing for Man U as if he doesnt like Koeman's tough love, imagine him under Mourinho who frequently criticises his players.

TBH Koeman did single out Barkley more than any other player last season, even though he was probably one of our best players for a period of time. Koeman wouldn't publicly criticise the likes of Williams or even Lukaku after poor performances the same way he did with Barkley. I agree though that Barkley needs to grow up.

needs to get a grip of himself, rejecting a contract because the manager is slating you. little fanny.

grow up and do your talking on the pitch

also people saying ohh he'll go to Newcastle or west ham towards the end of the season, no... no he wont. absolutely no chance he'll leave for a team below us

Your about right and that’s problem it’s very likely those sort of teams who have come in for him or shown real interest , he is far too inconsistent for his age for a team who have been challenging for the title and champion leagues, he is 24 by the end of the year not 18 to 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.