Who is your Everton XI from the Premier League era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Martyn
2.Coleman
3. Baines
4. Speed
5. Distin
6. Jags
7.Kanchelskis
8.Cahill
9. Ferguson
10. Arteta
11. Pienaar

A 4-2-3-1 formation, i have left Rom out more for sentimental reasons than anything

Agreed on the Howard and Kanchelskis comments above. Beardsley feeding Rom would be a dream partnership. My team would be

Southall
Coleman
Jagielka
Lescott (Sorry big Dave Watson - Ive gone for the partnership)
Baines
Parkinson
Gravesen
Pianaar - again, only in for the partnership with Baines
Kanchelskis
Beardsley
Lukaku

How all centre halfs should be judged my friend

No I'm not... but I know the yanks rate howard highly that's why I ask... southall is rated by literally anyone that has seen him play .

Of course he is a blue legend no doubt about that but I do think after the 95 FA Cup....those was the twilight of his playing career. His prime would be in the 80s when he won loads of trophies for the club. I was talking about the Premier League era which began in 1992 of course not him as a player on the whole.

Anyone putting Martyn ahead of Southall needs to have a word with themselves. Martyn was good but at his best he still wasn't fit to lace Big Nev's boots. Southall won us our last trophy.

Southall is my all time favorite player, but the FA Cup win was 10 years after his peak, The thread is about all time Prem players. Saying that he'll be in my team :)

Of course he is a blue legend no doubt about that but I do think after the 95 FA Cup....those was the twilight of his playing career. His prime would be in the 80s when he won loads of trophies for the club. I was talking about the Premier League era which began in 1992 of course not him as a player on the whole.

I know... but even in 1995 in that final he was still class and pulled off a brilliant save from scholes to win us that cup.. howard wouldn't have... he also basically kept us in the prem ... he used to play amazing EVERY week .. the only mistake I ever seen him make was throwing the ball to le tissier who then scored.. that's it.. I'm 36 so I never actually seen southall in his prime and he's still the best keeper I have ever seen

Southall
Coleman, Watson, Lescott, Baines
Kanchelskis, Cahill, Speed, Pienaar
Beardsley, Lukaku

Subs:
Martyn, Distin, Arteta, Gravesen, I.Gueye, Rooney, Ferguson

Too many midfielders I guess. Bit like Ronald. Probs forgot a hundred or so players.

Status
Not open for further replies.