Who is your Everton XI from the Premier League era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on the Howard and Kanchelskis comments above. Beardsley feeding Rom would be a dream partnership. My team would be

Southall
Coleman
Jagielka
Lescott (Sorry big Dave Watson - Ive gone for the partnership)
Baines
Parkinson
Gravesen
Pianaar - again, only in for the partnership with Baines
Kanchelskis
Beardsley
Lukaku

So by the same logic Hibbert and osman should be in there too... howard was crap and southall was the best keeper of all time lol

Absolutely ridiculous comparison. Hibbert and Osman to the level of Howard yeah right hater lol.

No I do not think Howard was crap. He declined in his last 3 years with the club and was the right time to go in 2016. Southall was a great keeper of course but his prime certainly not in between 1992-1998. Perhaps early Premier League era was not a good time in terms of league results for the club.

Last edited:
Southall
Coleman
Watson
Lescott
Baines
Kanchelskis
Arteta
Dacourt
Speed
Rooney
Lukaku

Honourable mention to Pienaar who had a great partnership with Baines but Speed brought more goals.

Absolutely ridiculous comparison. Hibbert and Osman to the level of Howard yeah right hater lol.

No I do not think Howard was crap. He declined in his last 3 years with the club and was the right time to go in 2016. Southall was a great keeper of course but his prime certainly not in between 1992-1997.

Comparing southall at any stage of his career to howard... is a pointless excercise ... howard has never been a good GK ... martyn was on a different planet to him never mind southall. Howard's distribution was poor.... he was beaten by king shots through out his time with us... he never "saved us" by doing unbelievable saves and his handling was poor..

Comparing southall at any stage of his career to howard... is a pointless excercise ... howard has never been a good GK ... martyn was on a different planet to him never mind southall. Howard's distribution was poor.... he was beaten by king shots through out his time with us... he never "saved us" by doing unbelievable saves and his handling was poor..

That's your opinion. I have mine so there is nothing to argue about because we do not share the same view but ok.

From who I've seen

Martyn

Coleman Jags Lescott Baines

Gueye Fellaini

Arteta Cahill Pienaar

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.