New Everton Stadium Discussion

i probably see more liverpool shirts than cardiff in my city, doesn't mean there are more liverpool fans, just that they're easy to find in charity shops.

Why's everyone discussing an athletics track again?

I agree. A c45k 3 sided stadium for a season then completed afterwards. It's the ony way I can see it panning out if they win it. That way they can say the design hasn't been compromised even if the timescale has.
I suppose the very best way of doing that is to build 2 goal stands and a main stand along the touchline. The curved end of one end of the track would be at the main stand end. Loads of space that way. Put the track more or less where you want it. Afterwards rip up the track and close the rectangle off by building the second main stand. That said, would the Premier League allow a 3 sided ground? I think there is something I read which says it's not allowed. I might have imagined that, though.

Last edited:
Liverpool isn't a predominantly blue city though. It just isn't. It's a nice line to trot out that all the Liverpool support is out of town people but the reality is they have way more fans outside of the city and still have more supporters inside the city than Everton do. I lived right in the centre for five years, you'd always see more red than blue shirts.

Depends what you mean by supporters. Loads more kids with their kit, certainly, but my guess is that we have far more young match goers than they do. I also suspect we have as many locally based adult regular supporters than they do.

Liverpool isn't a predominantly blue city though. It just isn't. It's a nice line to trot out that all the Liverpool support is out of town people but the reality is they have way more fans outside of the city and still have more supporters inside the city than Everton do. I lived right in the centre for five years, you'd always see more red than blue shirts.

I've always lived in Liverpool and out of all the people I have known and worked with around the city, there is no way you could say Everton have more fans in the city. Liverpool have always probably had more 'fans'.

BUT, if you are talking fans who actually go the match then it's a massively different story and Everton would definitely be on top.

Seeing footy Kits mean nothing really, I know plenty of people on both sides who don't and won't wear footy Kits/tops. Myself included. Much prefer the casual stuff Everton sell, and you wouldn't know half of them were even associated with a football team unless up close.

Depends what you mean by supporters. Loads more kids with their kit, certainly, but my guess is that we have far more young match goers than they do. I also suspect we have as many locally based adult regular supporters than they do.

That will almost certainly be due to simple availability and demand though. We've won nothing for 22 years so the reality is that most people outside of Liverpool don't care about travelling to watch us play. That and the fact that we do extremely generous deals for kids on tickets.

As for the locally based adult supporters, it depends on what you mean. Match goers ? Probably. People who just generally support one club or the other ? I'd say Liverpool still have a lot more within L postcodes.

I suppose the very best way of doing that is to build 2 goal stands and a main stand along the touchline. The curved end of one end of the track would be at the main stand end. Loads of space that way. Put the track more or less where you want it. Afterwards rip up the track and close the rectangle off by building the second main stand. That said, would the Premier League allow a 3 sided ground? I think there is something I read which says it's not allowed. I might have imagined that, though.

But wouldnt about a 1/3rd of the track then have no stands around it? Unless they built a few temporary ones? They would be doing some running in the ground, and some outside it, or have I missed something?

Either way, other than at a monumental cost, cant see it working anyrate.

I've always lived in Liverpool and out of all the people I have known and worked with around the city, there is no way you could say Everton have more fans in the city. Liverpool have always probably had more 'fans'.

BUT, if you are talking fans who actually go the match then it's a massively different story and Everton would definitely be on top.

Seeing footy Kits mean nothing really, I know plenty of people on both sides who don't and won't wear footy Kits/tops. Myself included. Much prefer the casual stuff Everton sell, and you wouldn't know half of them were even associated with a football team unless up close.

Agree with this, but as said above I think that's down to their relative success in recent years meaning people are more willing to travel to watch them play. Our tickets have generally been more readily available. It's only in the past couple of seasons that we've really started smashing the season ticket sales.

That will almost certainly be due to simple availability and demand though. We've won nothing for 22 years so the reality is that most people outside of Liverpool don't care about travelling to watch us play. That and the fact that we do extremely generous deals for kids on tickets.

As for the locally based adult supporters, it depends on what you mean. Match goers ? Probably. People who just generally support one club or the other ? I'd say Liverpool still have a lot more within L postcodes.
Do you live in the city mate.

City centre and the south end are renowned for wearing shirts for the flavour of the month you would have to get yourself out of the area and have a good look around.i will amend my wording of incorrect to crap.

As chippy said, most fans don't even wear shirts of their team walking around. I don't.

There's no evidence that there's more Everton fans in the city. You're kidding yourself.