Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual lack of any solid links to a centre half are a bit of a surprise, we have been linked to Gylfi and Giroud for weeks/months but no defender seems to have been linked for ages.

I don't get why we aren't making an offer for Giroud as we will find out one way or another if it's possible

Never as simple as that

We've probably asked to be kept informed by Arsenal and Giroud's people about his situation.

He obviously would like to stay at Arsenal, ideally, so the only way he would leave would be if he felt he wasn't going to get enough games. If he feels he will, he won't leave. Most likely we're waiting on that decision from the player and if he decides he does want to leave, we'll make an offer to Arsenal at that point.

Putting an official transfer bid in now would be a bit pointless until everyone knows what's happening with him.

To take it to an extreme, Gibson-VVD-Keane would be incredibly solid. Not sure we're genuinely in for either though unfortunately.
Do that and we may get away without signing the striker as we would have a bloody good defence and wouldn't need to score as often to win.

The actual lack of any solid links to a centre half are a bit of a surprise, we have been linked to Gylfi and Giroud for weeks/months but no defender seems to have been linked for ages.

I'd say that Vermaelen link the other day sounded like there might be something to it, when you consider Dave Harrison was on a flight to Amsterdam (where Vermaelen's agent is based) on the same day

Not that I am happy about this link, but it seemed there maybe more to it than idle gossip

I'd say that Vermaelen link the other day sounded like there might be something to it, when you consider Dave Harrison was on a flight to Amsterdam (where Vermaelen's agent is based) on the same day

Not that I am happy about this link, but it seemed there maybe more to it than idle gossip
A link to some guy who is currently injured doesn't inspire much in the way of confidence. I could understand it if we lacked experience at the back but we have a couple of players older than him already. Funds?

We have linked with the Belgian Jude Law in the last couple of days.

I don't get why we aren't making an offer for Giroud as we will find out one way or another if it's possible
It's quite possible we have made what are known i the trade as enquiries.
As in
Asking Arsenal would they consider selling him for the right price
Asking Giroud would he consider signing for us
If the answer to either question is a definite no why bother bidding

By putting in a solid bid for him now he is able to get clarity from Wenger and also we are able to move on if answer is no it seems we may be kept waiting meaning our alternatives are reducing each day

Status
Not open for further replies.