Everton Draw Hajduk Split

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only two teams I care about drew each other. Great.

Split is wonderful, and given the time of year it will be like a festival. My guess is some isolated nonsense will happen (teens throwing chairs at each other or something equally asinine) and it will get blown out of proportion. Everyone will be fine. Torcida is a big part of the city but it is not just about hooliganism, at all. A legitimately interesting history if you're into that sort of thing.

Everyone should be eating well, having a swim in the morning, getting along with everyone and enjoying watching the absolute scene that is the north end of Poljud. If you're not, you're doing it wrong. HŽV @cromofo

This.

HŽV prika

Reactions: gmb
Little bit about their team. First choice for attack is Futacs, high, strong but slow, so Williams and KANE shouldn't have much problem with him. Second choice is Ohandza. He is strong and fast, but always injured. Vlasic is young, everybody see him as a great talent but after two years he is still only a talent. Erceg, nevermind he scored two goals against Brondby, he is a player you don't need to be scared. Technicaly ok, not to fast. Central defenders Borja Lopez, from Barcelona B (250k euro fee, so you presume what sort of player is he) and Nizic who played for low ranking club till his 24. Barry, something like Gana but not so good. Kozulj played in Bosnian league till last year. So definetely, i can't see how Everton can lose this

We're signing Kane ? And playing him as a DM? YES !!!!

Hi mate, I have been put off going to the world cup in Russia due to my ethnic origins and them being narrow minded racists, can I expect a similar reaction in Croatia or are you a bit more diverse and welcoming?
It's a misconception that people in the Balkans are bigots and extremists. Southern Croatia, plus south eastern Bosnia are generally the heartlands of the most extreme Croatian nationalists, where Hajduk fans come from. But they generally dislike Serbs and Jews, not Black people. Truthfully Hajduk fans won't regard you any different from the other blues.

Hi mate, I have been put off going to the world cup in Russia due to my ethnic origins and them being narrow minded racists, can I expect a similar reaction in Croatia or are you a bit more diverse and welcoming?
If I'm a black man in an Everton shirt am I pretty much guaranteed to get my head kicked in? Do the majority of Hajduk fans stroll around with their knuckles dragging along 2 feet behind them?

Brits being so careful traveling to the other end of the continent like they're going to a 3rd world remote island trying to establish another colony.
Relax

Brits being so careful traveling to the other end of the continent like they're going to a 3rd world area trying to establish another colony.
Relax
Oh you should see the Brits here. Objectively the worst drinking culture and behaviour of all tourist groups.

It's pretty bad.

You're not getting English humour. No one is scared- we just aren't there for trouble, or to go on gay rights parades.

Oh.... English humor :D
We get a lot of live performances here, like this guy last month on Hvar:
proxy.php_image_http_www.slobodnadalmacija.hr.jpg

Anyway... Hajduk will give their 100% on the pitch, but if Everton does the same, we have no chance of progressing. You will probably beat us up in the first game, but if you fck that up hehehe It's going to be fun.
I think Vlašić is the only one worth noting, he doesn't have consistency but he's only 19. Lots of talent and it looks like he fits great in Carrillos plans. Unlike the last manager, Carrillo seems to know a thing or two about football... he worked with Pochettino in Espanyol.

Also... Fran Tudor. I think there were some rumors about transfer to Everton, but he's still here :D

Quite funny reading through this thread,some people think they going to Iraq or Syria and not in one of most touristic region in Europe full of ppl from all over the world.

To all our new posters from Split a warm welcome.

I suggest that you take time to understand how well behaved Everton fans are when abroad.

The high point was the European Cup Winners' Cup Final in 1985, when just a couple of years after Tottenham fans had caused trouble there, the Everton fans charmed the Rotterdam police and even had a friendly football game with them in one of the city's squares. The Mayor of the city congratulated Everton fans for their excellent behaviour.

A couple of weeks later our less well-behaved neighbours went to Brussels and the rest is tragic history from a human and football point of view.

Please try to spread the word to your mates who may be Hajduk ultras that Everton do not travel other than in peace and to sing and have plenty of beer!!

I hope to go to Dubrovnik with my wife in the autumn as part of our 25th wedding anniversary celebrations but unfortunately I can't make the game in Split.

Best wishes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.