Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why sign Gylfi (assuming we do)? Many of his assists are aerial, can't see Sandro or Rooney really benefitting from that but also can't see Gylfi, Rooney, Sandro and a Giroud-type all playing in a the same team. Maybe it'll be different systems for different games (but that would require Rooney to be dropped periodically which brings me back to my original concern). I'm worried about pace as well, Sandro is reasonably zippy but not much beyond that.
I agree about siggy,I have not seen much of sandro if I am honest I just have a few concerns attacking wise.

I think rumors of Giroud's demise are somewhat exaggerated. It was one paragraph from a french newspaper, which speculated he was content. While its possible, everyone has run with a pretty much non story so far, that seems to be just based off of Dortmund cooling interest. I expect if we do go after him, we have told Arsenal and him we need an answer in the next week or we will move on.
agreed it was written using info that was 2 weeks old.

That lot were 90 minutes away from the CL.

Another reason to take the extra place off winning that tournament.

The extra spot should go to the team finishing just outside the official CL spots in the big 5 European leagues. Rotate that every year.
I'm sorry Dave but finishing 5th in a league is not an achievement unless you were planning on getting relegated at the start of the season.

Winning a European trophy, is an achievement. Before you demean the trophy, it's out biggest one in our history

I'm sorry Dave but finishing 5th in a league is not an achievement unless you were planning on getting relegated at the start of the season.

Winning a European trophy, is an achievement. Before you demean the trophy, it's out biggest one in our history
I wouldn't say no to the trophy. Handing a CL spot with it though demeans the trophy. That place is much more earned if its via a top finish in one of the top leagues.

I wouldn't say no to the trophy. Handing a CL spot with it though demeans the trophy. That place is much more earned if its via a top finish in one of the top leagues.

I disagree, finishing 5th in your league is not successful in my mind unless you have have over achieved based on resources to get there.

Even then no-one cares who finishes 5th in all honesty, it never gained us any more plaudits for finishing there. Why wouldn't winning the second European trophy be worthy of a place? That means something, that you have just gone and lifted a European trophy and against teams that were champions league teams that season as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.