Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the bigger picture in this window thus far -

We have secured 4 young hungry players for the first XI in Pickford, Keane, Sandro and Klaassen.

We have bought the top scorer in the Belgian League last season in Onyekuru who was wanted by a ridiculous number of clubs and loaned him back for the season for permit reasons.

We have recouped around 25m for 3 players who were nowhere near the first team in Cleverley, Del and McGeady.

We have added 3 kids for the under 23's already in Bowler, Donkor and Mathis.

Rooney is about to come in on a free.

We now have the Lukaku money burning a hole in the pocket and we know it will be reinvested back in to the team and the likelihood is we will sign some seriously good players who will further strengthen the squad and the first XI.

Thus far, the club have played an absolute blinder in this window!

...before I go for my Racing Post, here's Saturdays rumours;

- The Sunderland Echo say Sunderland manager, Simon Grayson, is hopeful that deals for Everton duo Tyias Browning and Aiden McGeady will go through. The Northern Echo suggest McGeady has to 'sort out some differences' with Everton before the move goes through.

Pretty sure we're asking him to pay his wages back

Reckon myself Barry will give up his number for him and Rooney will go back to 18

Got a feeling Rooney will get 9. I know things have been said about Sandro getting it but nothing official as been said has it. If your an Everton fan and play for the club as a striker, you want that No.9 shirt. Rooney will be all over it I'd imagine!

Looking at the bigger picture in this window thus far -

We have secured 4 young hungry players for the first XI in Pickford, Keane, Sandro and Klaassen.

We have bought the top scorer in the Belgian League last season in Onyekuru who was wanted by a ridiculous number of clubs and loaned him back for the season for permit reasons.

We have recouped around 25m for 3 players who were nowhere near the first team in Cleverley, Del and McGeady.

We have added 3 kids for the under 23's already in Bowler, Donkor and Mathis.

Rooney is about to come in on a free.

We now have the Lukaku money burning a hole in the pocket and we know it will be reinvested back in to the team and the likelihood is we will sign some seriously good players who will further strengthen the squad and the first XI.

Thus far, the club have played an absolute blinder in this window!

Totally agree. It's exciting times for us blues!....

Just go out and get Ben Gibson from Boro, offer them one of our misfits in p/x plus cash (Niasse springs to mind)
Didn't watch much of Boro last season, how good is he?

Seems a creditable option given he would cost roughly the same as Keane did and is young but has a fair amount of experience already.

I was thinking the same the other day, we haven't got any left footers in the squad apart from Baines & Barry really. I don't know why, but now we've got the Lukaku money, I've got a feeling Walsh is gonna push Koeman all the way to go for Mahrez before the windows out. Don't know why and I don't have inside knowledge but just get that feeling?!....
Leicester wants 50 millions for mahrez...so unfortunately that possibly would be asking too much...

It just looks so lopsided with Sigurdsson in there forcing Rooney to play on the right. I really don't understand our obsession with Sigurdsson, he's decent enough, but for that price nah I wouldn't be gutted if that one fell through.

all 3 of those would roam and play all 3 positions. Anyway, i wasn't saying this would be our best XI, i don't think we'd play all those at the same time, i was just pointing out how it was possible we could field a team where all 11 players will have been bought in the last half of a year.

Siggurdsson and giroud would be a lethal combination for us if it happens, mark my words.

i think it's almost certain we'll get a new left back in based on the people we've let go and the links to players such as amavi etc. But reckon it may be a youngish option. It's certainly doesn't seem a priority atm which is why i believe it will be someone brought in with the intention as backup to baines and will probably be our last bit of business of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.