Bradley Lowery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading a quote somewhere once that seems apt right now:

"When all is said and done, it's not the years in your life that count.... it's the life in your years."

Bradley Lowery won the Premier league Goal of the Month contest and was matchday mascot for Sunderland, Everton and England. He managed to unite thousands upon thousands of football fans across the planet. His cheerful bravery in the face of absolutely crappy odds is something that I feel humbled and privileged to have seen, and his legacy will be one of a massive injection of funding into researching a way to defeat the condition that caused him so much pain.

It may have been a short stay on this Earth for Bradley, but my goodness what an impact he had. If I can ever be even half the man he has been, I will be happy.

RIP Bradley. Thank you for reminding us what heroism really looks like.

"When all is said and done, it's not the years in your life that count.... it's the life in your years."

Bradley Lowery won the Premier league Goal of the Month contest and was matchday mascot for Sunderland, Everton and England. He managed to unite thousands upon thousands of football fans across the planet. His cheerful bravery in the face of absolutely crappy odds is something that I feel humbled and privileged to have seen, and his legacy will be one of a massive injection of funding into researching a way to defeat the condition that caused him so much pain.

It may have been a short stay on this Earth for Bradley, but my goodness what an impact he had. If I can ever be even half the man he has been, I will be happy.

Lovely words.

Beautiful mate

The world's a much poorer place tonight without this little man lighting it up. Fly free young warrior. Your life has not been in vain. Your legacy will help many many more who suffer as you did.

You will live on through all who your life touched and will be remembered around these parts for many years.

RIP

His family can look back at his life with sheer joy about how he took the illness in his stride with that infectious smile. R.I.P little man

I am not a church going man, but I am a spiritual soul. I believe we are all here for a reason. That there is a plan for our existence. Bradley’s plan was to spread Joy, hope and Unity. He did that, he United two cities and then the country in football. He touched more lives than I or most will in 9 lifetimes. You can ask why him, but we all know the answer to that. One look at the smile that would melt your heart and you knew it had to be him. Right now, he is being introduced to Gary Speed, Dixie Dean, and Bobby Gurney.

RIP Bradley the world is a far better place for knowing you.

One last thing Defoe should receive a hero’s welcome when he comes here.

I've been on here for three years. Can't even remember why I joined, other than I've always had a soft spot for you lot and have a healthy dislike for your near neighbours.

Anyway, I just want to say thank you for not only being very welcoming over the years whatever the results between us, but for all your club did for Bradley and some of the lovely posts on here.

After getting spanked on FIFA countless times tonight the boy went to bed in his Sunderland top and I had a few tears. By the grace of god and all that.

I've been on here for three years. Can't even remember why I joined, other than I've always had a soft spot for you lot and have a healthy dislike for your near neighbours.

Anyway, I just want to say thank you for not only being very welcoming over the years whatever the results between us, but for all your club did for Bradley and some of the lovely posts on here.

After getting spanked on FIFA countless times tonight the boy went to bed in his Sunderland top and I had a few tears. By the grace of god and all that.
You are part of our family mate and so is Bradley xxx

Last edited:

great post

RIP little fella with your brave fight , well done to both Sunderland and Everton who both contributed so much for his campaign , such sad and hearbreaking news i dont think any words can express how his Family must feel.

I sincerely hope, at the right time, that our clubs can come up with something that remembers our little champ, and bonds us, forever.

All these wonderful words on GOT for such an amazing little man and many more i have not gotten round to attaching.I feel we need to keep these and send to Bradley's family to show how much one so young could touch so many people who had never met him.

Would GOT be happy to do a collection of some sort so we could purchase something like the below? We could put pic of Bradley on the front with the Everton training top on. We would just then need someone to print out the messages below and insert into the book. The money raised over and above the book can be used for ink and card etc? Just an idea as it seems he has left a lasting legacy and his family should know just how much of a special boy they raised...

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CN2c9cmu-NQCFcWmUQodMwEKcA

Well done Bradley mate. You have fought harder than anyone else in the world could. You have shown millions of grown up men and women what bravery really looks like. You have shown people who idolise people playing football what a real legend looks like.

Sweet dreams sunshine. The brightest stars burn for the shortest time. Hope your parents realise how incredible they are too!

Rest in peace little man.

An inspiration that people will never ever forget. Keep playing football with the angels Brad. We won't ever forget you.

Thoughts to all his family and friends.

He made more of his so few days on this earth than most will.
His smile, courage and fight should be an inspiration to not just us, but the whole UK population and beyond.

I really hope his family are continually welcomed at Goodison and BMD for years to come to show the affect this brave little soldier has had on our club and fanbase.

Deepest sympathies to the Lowery family. You are real heroes for the manner you have conducted yourselves and ensuring the little guy had the most fun he possibly could in his years. I hope I can be as good as 20% of the parents you are to your sons.

Good night Bradley, and god bless. I really hope you are in no more pain now.

R.I.P. Bradley

Such an inspiration to the world going through what you had to with such charm, smiling and with dignity ! thoughts are with his family and although now it will mean nothing, they can be proud of Bradley for being such a beacon of hope for the world :)

Heartbreaking. Privileged to have seen so much of him and his beautiful smiling happy face, in spite of such a cruel horrible illness. Bradley, rest in peace son, you've touched millions of hearts and will never be forgotten.

Rest in peace, lad. Now you can watch Len Shackleton and Raich Carter, Brian Clough and Warnie Cresswell and they can carry you on their shoulders around Roker Park in the sunshine while the crowd all sing your name......

I keep remembering him in that video they did for him, well a few of them, and them early photos with Defoe, and you know what, it made me smile.

The lad is at peace now, free of pain, and an innocent sole in an eternal playground.

He left behind millions around the planet who all prayed and wished so hard he would recover, sadly, to no avail. For one so small and young, he touched many many hearts, he made football supporters rally behind a Cancer knows no Colour message, and raised the profile of this awful disease to heights never before even dreamt of.

Not a bad legacy for a 6 year old football fan.

Farewell Bradley, and thank you.

What a gift to the world this superhero was and is. I say "is" because he has touched all of our hearts in a permanent way. For, he will continue to lift us out of gloom and inspire us each time we remember him. His smile will be the thing that lives with me the longest. To smile through such adversity is a lesson to us all. Life is not about how long you live, it is about what you do in the time you are allotted.

Bradley was not given much time in our world, but in that short visit, he gave us more than what most can manage with many years more.

Thank you for sharing him with us. May you and your inspiring family be blessed with peace at this time of grieving.

Rest In Peace brave Bradley.

The world is truly a sadder place without his fight, his heart and his genuinely uplifting smile.

I hope they have football up there and you score ten goals a match against Newcastle then come out in an Everton shirt and do it again.

Just heartbroken for his extraordinary family. I work near Manchester, mainly Utd fans, few City, couple of blues, few others, everyone was devastated when we found out.
Just hope his family can take some comfort in the knowledge their brave little man touched so many hearts and united us in hope, achieved more in his few short years than any of us ever will, just by being himself. Love sees no colours.

RIP little warrior.

Very sad. My condolences go to his family.
I would also like to thank them for allowing us in a small way to share in the life of their fantastic son. His humour and indefatigable spirit have been a pleasure and an honour to witness. Their untiring efforts to not only care for, but to provide Bradley with wealth of fantastic experiences have been truly humbling.
Once again thank you for allowing us to share in Bradley's all too short life. He was a lovely lad and a credit to you and the world is a poorer place without him.
RIP Bradley Lowery

Forgive me for using the tired cliche but this puts everything into perspective. Why? I think of all the inane stuff thats wound me up today but i haven't had to watch my child die.
I hope Bradleys parents can find some comfort in seeing how many people his short life has touched.

Status
Not open for further replies.