Gross Spend / Net Spend / Wages

Which is most important ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Depends on the context of the question being asked.

It's simple enough, pretend you're a virgin living with yer mar, and you have a fantasy about running the club.
How would you go about using the finances available to make the club more competitive and successful ?

The most important thing is that the quality of the team improves year on year. Whether this is achieved via net spend, gross spend or wages is a bit academic.

It's simple enough, pretend you're a virgin living with yer mar, and you have a fantasy about running the club.
How would you go about using the finances available to make the club more competitive and successful ?

It's a balance between net spend and wages. Less wages more net spend. More net spend less on wages. I don't think there's an unlimited budget so they're related and constrained by the other.

It's a balance between net spend and wages. Less wages more net spend. More net spend less on wages. I don't think there's an unlimited budget so they're related and constrained by the other.

I'd say that's pretty much the right answer, there'll be the odd time when you sell a player on for a massive profit and, at that point, then your gross spend becomes more of a factor, but overall, it's just about balancing resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.