Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be smug and pedantic all you wish- but you misquoted me, and no amount of grammar correction can distract from that x

Then why did you "like" my post?

Admittedly if I had put "on here" instead of just "here" it would have better conveyed my opinion. Sorry that you feel aggrieved over the matter.

One of the reasons I wanted koeman appointed manager was if the fantastic rebuilding job he did at saints. VVD, Bertrand, Soares, Mane, Tadic etc. However didn't you say, koeman couldn't take any credit for this as it was the DOF who identified these players.
I had misgivings like you, how koeman publicly criticised Ross Barkley (koeman has since admitted this as a failing). However it seems to me you cannot give koeman any credit for what he has done at Southampton or Everton. Don't get me wrong due to his sullen demeanour he doesn't come across great in press conferences, but we did make progress on and off the pitch last year.
You are right to praise Martinez for his purchase of lukaku (a master stroke) but then suggesting niasse wasn't his buy, well whose was it then? Moshiri wasn't at the club and we didn't have a DOF.
Lukaku was convinced to stay at Everton by Martinez, I'll give him that. Lukaku was only brought on loan as they didn't wan't to give up Demba Ba (praise be to the lord- Gerrard's slip). I've seen Dave bigging up Moyes' 4th place finish in this thread, that Koeman alone is responsible for players & results, but Martinez wasn't. It's hilarious, but also not transfer rumours.

Can't see Bertrand coming to us even if it is a step up he will be eyeing up Man City or the like.

Werner would be quality but he's an unknown in this league. Giroud and Werner would guarantee that Lukaku is replaced by a seasoned premier league player and a young understudy.

Wouldn't disagree with @davek here.
This stuff I can get on board with.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/06/27/59520614468aeb9e6d8b45dc.html

Though the Brazilian player has a contract until December 31, so he could start negotiating with any other club six months before that date (that is, from July 1), Santos have approached FIFA to denounce a supposed "harassment" of their midfielder, Lucas Lima, by Barcelona.

Their ire appears to stem from negotiations beginning before the deadline allowed.

The Sao Paulo team is wary of an agreement allegedly signed between Lima and Barcelona, but "is sure" that the Catalans "looked for the player before the deadline allowed, not complying with the FIFA transfer regulations," according to GloboEsporte and other Brazilian media.

"The case is in the hands of the legal department," said a Santos statement.

"Barcelona is a repeat offender."

It recalls the case of Neymar, who allegedly closed an agreement with the Catalans in 2011, although his contract with the Brazilian club was extended until 2014.

Lima, 26, has an offer to renew with Santos for the next four years, but his representatives say it is possible to get better economic conditions at a European club.

The midfielder has denied any kind of agreement with Barcelona recently, despite previously indicating he was looking forward to his new career at the Camp Nou.

Apparently he has renewed his deal now. Talked about Palace putting an offer to him, no mention of us.

"According to the British newspaper 'Daily Mail' , the Uruguayan has received an offer from the Liverpool City team to play in the Premier League."
Lemos is only 21 years old. He was linked to Barca last summer, but at over 20m it is a big risk, to expect a relative youngster to settle quickly in the premier league and make his mark.
Maybe koeman is considering a 3-4-3 system. But Keane (24) Pickford (23) and Lemos (21) does lack experience if not talent.

Martinez has full control of transfers at Everton as did Moyes before him. It was only until Moshiri arrived that the set up of the club has largely changed regarding transfers.

The fact that dud signed Niasse, Kone, Alcaraz, Mcgeady, Lennon and Cleverly in the space of 2 seasons is there any wonder why we are currently having to have a major rebuild? We can't splash £40 million on 2-3 players as we need 6-7 coming in just to get back on track.

Seriously can we jib off the Lennon stuff?

He is a decent player, had a couple of decent spells for us and obviously had more pressing things to deal with. Lumping him in with that other lot just seems a bit..wrong.

Lennon has always been a good pro top flight player.

I think towards the end of the season, Koeman protected him a little....for England's u20. ...he's of the build that he can get injured.

I know Koeman has said on several occasions that he has exceeded expectations...the lads 20.

I think Tom Davies will see less action this season due too a stronger squad...doesn't mean Koeman rates him any less
...which is utter BS.

And so the problem arises of replacing Rom. Would giroud leave the bright lights of London to join us? A welcome addition but I doubt he'd want to join us. Werner is in the CL this season, bigger fish than Everton will be circling for his signature. Werner would be a statement signing and seems to fit the bill of the profile of player we are currently after (young and talented). But once again highly doubtful we could entice him here.

Klaassen would also have been in the Champions League if he stayed at Ajax.

Wonder if we can pull Chelseas pants down again and get Tammy Abraham with no buyback clause. Surely they'd be more wary now but would be hilarious.

Seriously can we jib off the Lennon stuff?

He is a decent player, had a couple of decent spells for us and obviously had more pressing things to deal with. Lumping him in with that other lot just seems a bit..wrong.

Lennon has always been a good pro top flight player.

So the fact he's suffering with off the field problems makes him a better signing? No ones disputing he's a top professional and everyone wishes the lad well and hopes he gets better but let's not get over the top politically correct and try dispute the fact that he was clearly a mid table level signing.

Lemos is only 21 years old. He was linked to Barca last summer, but at over 20m it is a big risk, to expect a relative youngster to settle quickly in the premier league and make his mark.
Maybe koeman is considering a 3-4-3 system. But Keane (24) Pickford (23) and Lemos (21) does lack experience if not talent.

What is the fee being quoted? I've seen £15m weeks ago to £20-26m now. At £15-20m I think he could be a good buy. He will need time but if/when we get Keane he already has the prem experience and will go straight in alongside Williams imo and then we would have Jags, Mori & Holgate in reserve, although I do think Jags will leave which IF Lemos was to come in, I think that will probably tell us that he is.

But even if we sign Keane, I still think we need another CB that can be brought along nicely this season ready for taking ove Williams next season and Lemos would seem the perfect given his ability and age. But it has to be for the right deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.