Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be no excuses for him next season if he stays and doesn't find consistency, very good player but his issues are in his head mate don't think he can handle the pressure consistenly TBH..

Thing is though, better players around - big money signings etc, then pressure is gonna be eased upon him in a lot of ways.

Davies breaking in seemed to relax him instantly last season as he wasn't the lad with all the homegrown player expectation on him any more

Maybe. Loaning him out and paying £8m for the privilege looks mad. And I have no faith in this feller's judgement on attacking players. £27M for Bolasie underlines why. And that hasn't been a one off.

We are going to lose Lukaku - our best signing for a couple of generations - and the attack assembled so far to make that gap up looks pathetically weak. Bolaise, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin. I cant even see a player in there tbh. Not at this stage.

It's frightening.

Bolasie - Cant argue with you..in face he's worse than you surmise here.
DCL - If weve signed him and played him + hes been first choice for England u20s then you'd like to think he will develop
Lookman -- I think he looks like he will be class.

Thing is though, better players around - big money signings etc, then pressure is gonna be eased upon him in a lot of ways.

Davies breaking in seemed to relax him instantly last season as he wasn't the lad with all the homegrown player expectation on him any more
That and just having a proper player to play with helped I reckon

Exactly your first point!! That's why I say there can't be any excuses now he has a lot of experience, great age, better players around him, new bumper contract, playing for his boyhood club.

TheEvertonForum.com‏ @TheEFCForum
WRD1878: "Barkley has been offered a new contract and is expected to sign"

2:50 AM - 27 Jun 2017
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

@MorgsGoat @Connor @BlueToff @Eggs @Zatara @davek

Pickford/Robles
Coleman/Kenny - ???/Holgate -- ???/Williams -- Baines/???
Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/??? -- Gana/???
Barkley/Bolasie -- ???/DCL -- Sandro/Lookman

If Barkley extends and Sandro signs;
3 defenders
2 midfielders
1 forward

And were done.

I'd especially like to see Walsh/Baningime pushing for one of the two CM slots.

Not sure Connolly or other defenders are able to get into the main squad after summer...more loans.

Also when amongst the 'forwards' teams just had to focus on him and Lukaku. DCL/Lookman were fresh and Mirallas inconsistent.

Will be a massive help 'if' he extends 'if' we have Klaassen,Sandro and another quick forward.

Barkley is best when hes instinctive so runners like sandro and klaassen should get the best out of him.

Pickford/Robles

3 defenders
2 midfielders
1 forward

And were done.

Not sure Connolly or other defenders are able to get into the main squad after summer...more loans.
still doesn't look like a top 4 team, especially if Rom leaves

still doesn't look like a top 4 team, especially if Rom leaves

How about now...

Pickford/Robles
Coleman/Kenny -- Keane/Holgate -- Lemos/Williams -- Baines/Arana
Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/Dendoncker -- Gana/Walsh
Barkley/Bolasie -- Dembele/DCL -- Sandro/Lookman​

Pickford/Robles

3 defenders
2 midfielders
1 forward

And were done.

Assume you are figuring if Lukaku goes mate there.

IF so then the bare minimum we would need would be 1 cb, and 2 forward/strikers - absolute minimum

What we hopefully will get is 2 cb's, a young left back to spell/eventually step up for Baines, 1 cm, and 2-3 wide forward or strikers

On your list, effectively can remove DCL - he is no way shape or form ready to be the backup to the main striker, and Bolasie is no way ready to be included as he won't hardly feature this season and if he does we have no idea what we will get

Status
Not open for further replies.