Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to get a move on and start adding some 1st team players in the next 2 weeks eg Defenders and Strikers.

We have signed 2 already, by all accounts a third is done and dusted and just waiting for the announcement and we are listed by decent sources as being pretty advanced in discussion with several others already

Joyce saying it then it's true.

Interesting if we use the loan as part of a negotiation to get dendoncker as @Zatara said

I think we 'need' him. Excellent to rotate with Schneiderlin and 'completes' our midfield adding to Davies/Klaassen/Gana. Additionally can also play centre back.

Anyone know how much of the truth is behind the Lemos link?

I really like the look of him when i see him play, i dont know if it is just the ponytail but he really reminds me of Van Dijk

Yeah, I mentioned on here in the past he looks like 'the new' van-dijk. Think it may be recycled old rumours though.

You're assuming that two injured CMs would be out for the whole season: highly unlikely in the first place - more likely that, worse case scenario, two would be out for only a short time together and that maybe one would be long term....and in any case we would still have Besic to augment the two fully fit CMs for however long the two injured CMs were out (or we could retain Barry for another season and have that insurance, and failing that we would have to do what even elite clubs do in those circumstances: turn to the academy).

It's an area over-subscribed for us in all likelihood. You cant have a massive MF unit: a) it will just cause discontent amongst those not getting game time; b ) we need to be targeting LB and RB replacements/deputies a new CB and a massive marquee signing up front for when Lukaku leaves.

Depends where you think the game is controlled in a 433. Also, I don't think you can rely on Besic nor can you underestimate the toll of 50 games a season.

If this is true it will be interesting to see what the new contract entails compared to the last one he was offered??

Am not convinced this about salary!!

Honestly none of us know what it's about mate, just hope he signs and REALLY wants to stay here, if not well - no one is bigger than the club and we move on.

Getting him to recommit with better players around though is something we really need to see if he steps his own game up then

We have signed 2 already, by all accounts a third is done and dusted and just waiting for the announcement and we are listed by decent sources as being pretty advanced in discussion with several others already

I agree we are active but we need to close on a few soon - it,s all about momentum. We are trying to get out ahead of the curve and make a huge statement to players in europe that means not allowing it to slow down and be derailed by the jarg media..

Honestly none of us know what it's about mate, just hope he signs and REALLY wants to stay here, if not well - no one is bigger than the club and we move on.

Getting him to recommit with better players around though is something we really need to see if he steps his own game up then
There will be no excuses for him next season if he stays and doesn't find consistency, very good player but his issues are in his head mate don't think he can handle the pressure consistenly TBH..

I agree we are active but we need to close on a few soon - it,s all about momentum. We are trying to get out ahead of the curve and make a huge statement to players in europe that means not allowing it to slow down and be derailed by the jarg media..

Thing is mate, Klassen signed, Pickford signed, IF Sandro is announced in the next few days which seems likely, Barkley is announced signing his new contract and say Keane is finalised then we are massively ahead of where ANY of us thought we would be at this point

Looks like other teams have baulked at the idea of 50mill we was after.

Makes sense throwing him an extra 20k per week to extend his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.