Homepage Update: Mayor's Bramley Moore Dock Open Letter To Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to summarise, it is impossible for a stadium to be able to accommodate a football track without impacting the "intimidating" design.

Only solution would be retractable stands, or we use similar to West Ham for a few seasons then knock them down and build closer ones.

If the length of a football pitch is about 112 metres, and the length required for an athletics track is 169m, does that
mean the minimum length of the area of the seats to be removed is over 30m at both ends, and they will have to be on the same level as the pitch? You can't have a running track that goes uphill at both ends, can you?

So much for the steep, close to the pitch stands, then.
So in your opinion Meiss is lying to us when he states it can be done ? Does he have a history of lying to the potential users of his stadia? If not it seems unfair to cast doubts on the veracity of his statements before we've seen his solutions.

To summarise, the actual person designing the stadium says it can be done.

Read about Wembleys designed purpose to fit an athletics track. The lower stand is too shallow.

Until I see designs and evidence of how this can be done I'm not satisfied with just quotes from people being paid by the club.

Read about Wembleys designed purpose to fit an athletics track. The lower stand is too shallow.

Until I see designs and evidence of how this can be done I'm not satisfied with just quotes from people being paid by the club.

Moan away then my man. It won't make a difference to anything.

Personally I'd rather believe him for now as it's way less stressful.

Just read about Wembley. Looking at that, it sounds like what would happen at BM.

The council are taking the piss out of us here lads. They've got a sniff that we want a new stadium and suddenly they come over demanding that we put an effing running track in the middle of it.

Can someone with a bit more technical nous start a petition for me?

I'll be sceptical until it's confirmed that the track won't be a problem. As should you be. Instead you are cheerleading.

It's already been confirmed. In a massive letter from the Mayor of Liverpool. On Everton's official website.

What exactly do you want?

When the designs come out, you'll see the stadium has big massive steep stands with no big distance between the pitch and the stands.

They're already TELLING YOU that this will be the case.

Basically you're just saying 'I don't believe them' and want visual proof. Which you will get.

I don't see why pointing out these basic facts makes me a cheerleader.

And if we want to get into the brass tacks of it, all along I've said there would be no permanent running track, as part of numerous other aspects of the stadium I said would be the case. And I took a lot of ridiculous flak for it. And slowly but surely all of the things I said would happen are coming true.

So don't give me any nonsense about me being a cheerleader.

Hello mate, your last paragraph seems to suggest that you believe anyone concerned about the running track is being a bit thick.

@GrandOldTeam expressed these concerns at the start of the thread.

Dangerous ground this and very close to calling fans 'bedwetters' in a veiled fashion.

Maybe climb down off your high horse, admit you were wrong about the stadium not having a running track and we can all try to move past this unsavoury episode.
It would be rather ironic coming from him, particularly given the hissyfit he threw when he posted on about 10 profiles of people who had liked a post that called out a weasly ITK post of his.

At this moment in time you cannot state definitively that it can't be done. Dan Meiss has said it can be done, and since he is the vastly experienced architect actually designing the thing , we could at least extend to him the benefit of doubt until the plans are revealed. Unless you are also, as many others on here seem to be , a fully qualified architect experienced in stadium builds , in which case I'll defer to your reservations.
The commonwealth games is a major sporting event ,and it would bring prestige and draw attention to our great city, and I would be proud that our club would be central to that. Let's just wait to see the solutions before we cast judgement. I feel that a lot of people are going to look foolish and impatient when the plans are revealed. If it's a poor compromise I'll gladly join the fume, until then I shall remain sanguine

Spot on. Agree everything in this ,although is the commonwealth games a major sporting event? Im irish so never have taken any notice if it and doubt any one outside commenwealth would. Then again i have no idea who is in commonwealth so what would i know.

What purpose would it serve to lie to fans at this point ? Why would they expose themselves to the charge of being dishonest when the plans are released. They would gain no advantage other than deferring the fume by several months, and as we can see even that would be a false hope. You do have to trust people sometimes.

I still think the most important questions are, when is the host city announced, and when Birmingham gets the CG can we change the design?

Why would we want to change the design, when it's not being designed for athletics, nor is the design being compromised in any way?

Last edited:
It's already been confirmed. In a massive letter from the Mayor of Liverpool. On Everton's official website.

What exactly do you want?

When the designs come out, you'll see the stadium has big massive steep stands with no big distance between the pitch and the stands.

They're already TELLING YOU that this will be the case.

Basically you're just saying 'I don't believe them' and want visual proof. Which you will get.

I don't see why pointing out these basic facts makes me a cheerleader.

And if we want to get into the brass tacks of it, all along I've said there would be no permanent running track, as part of numerous other aspects of the stadium I said would be the case. And I took a lot of ridiculous flak for it. And slowly but surely all of the things I said would happen are coming true.

So don't give me any nonsense about me being a cheerleader.

Yea I don't believe it's possible. That's correct.

And yes I want proof. That's correct.

Because there is no stadium in the world with a track that has very close stands behind the goals. I think they are clearly compromising the proximity.

Status
Not open for further replies.