Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm basing it on stats + observing his less than stellar Watford career. How watertight does it have to get to build a case against this player?

He's failed to realise whatever talent you say he has in abundance.

Think at the end of the day mate he's going to be a gamble, (especially with what has been said about his attitude as well) but because he's still a young lad it might be a gamble worth taking even though I have never been that impressed with him when I've seen him play like.

Dave, I quite like you. We have our disagreements but I respect your opinion.
I do worry though. I have never seen you say anything positive about Everton.

For gods sake, if its that tortuous as you make it out, get a new hobby or team. Its clearly no good for you and you musnt get much enjoyment from us. Thats what its about isnt it. Enjoyment and the way you portray everything EFC, suggests you get very little.
I look at what goes on at Everton only one way: with the view that without a true game changing buyout we'll see the same old same old.

We have new players in early. That should happen every summer but doesn't. We'll see that cash made up from sales. Now that;s all besides what we can do on the field next season which may be better than we did last season. But it soesn't detract from the point that we are in the same position as a club.

I look at what goes on at Everton only one way: with the view that without a true game changing buyout we'll see the same old same old.

We have new players in early. That should happen every summer but doesn't. We'll see that cash made up from sales. Now that;s all besides what we can do on the field next season which may be better than we did last season. But it soesn't detract from the point that we are in the same position as a club.

Not sure how anyone can dispute this to be honest.

Pleased with the business we've done today, want the Sandro deal done based on watching him play once, the title decider against Madrid, but he looked class, caused mayhem at times for their defense.

Still think we need a lock picker, a creative spark, Emil Forsberg for me.

Still want to see Ross sign, looking less likely by the day.

Gain 15 more points and we are challenging for a CL Place.We will arguably be stronger than we were this time last year !

Dave, he can't walk into their lineups unless someone comes out of it. So yes, he has to replace someone. Can you answer the original question and let us know who is being dropped fro Spurs lineup to make way for Ross? It sure as hell isn't Alli or Erikson. Not gonna be Wanyama or Dier. Not gonna be Dembele. Definitely not Kane. He likely wouldn't even start ahead of Son who had a very good season and far better stats than Ross despite 900 fewer minutes. So where does Ross fit in there?
The answer to that will come in the coming weeks. I'm happy to let that roll out and then revisit the thread. But do you really rate that highly players like the fading Toure, Fernandinho, Delph, Henderson, Can, Ramsey, Xhaka, Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko?

But it soesn't detract from the point that we are in the same position as a club.

Look at our record signings list, we are starting to replace players with quality all over the park. We are not going to be challenging for the league anytime soon and unless we started paying 500k a week wages we were never going to buy the league title.

Baby steps my friend.

two players for the starting XI is a good start. We'll be shipping off a fair few deadwood this season and our starting XI was already pretty impressive, so getting 2 or 3 more for the starting XI makes our squad look pretty handsome going into the next season.

I still have no idea who our leading striker will be, niang, may not even be targetted as a striker, so we could possibly be looking at 2 + sandro.

Status
Not open for further replies.