Homepage Update: Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vault me.

I think he will be great. Might have the odd mistake now and then but he is twice the keeper of that gormless Spanish Donkey.

He will be a success.
I like this. Someone prepared to put their neck out and get off the fence. I think he will be good and become very good and it will be seen as money well spent. The people saying he's only had one good season, this lad has been talked about for years as the next big thing. Only going to get better and in my opinion (not that it holds much weight) and in the opinion of two of the best keepers produced on these isles has the ability to be world class. Honestly if we get this over the line this is a massive signing.

Yeah this happens often I reckon. It must be hard for coaches/managers who were such good players struggling to grasp that the players they are coaching do not have the raw ability they had.

One of the others who I assume you put in the world class bracket (Alan Ball) allegedly struggled with this too.

See Glenn Hoddle. Could never understand why no one could do what he could do.

How about this? We paid around 37 million for Gana and Pickford over the last two years. Sound better?

How about this? We paid around 37 million for Gana and Pickford over the last two years. Sound better?

Not really.

For 37m we managed to buy Lukaku, Arteta, Cahill and Besic.

Nobody can justify 30m for Pickford, its an insane amount of money for a still unproven GK.

But I honestly dont care how much he costs or what hes paid, as long as he does his job every week, thats all that matters to me.

we've spent 22mil (plus add-ons) on a goalkeeper that the media have been ranting about, a hot prospect with good feet and very good distribution. Do i think he is worth 30million squids no but we didnt pay that.

I mean, sure, we could have waited, we could have had a sniff at that Croat at Genk for much less, we could have waited for City to give Hart away, we could have done all manner of things, but what we did was the most unEverton thing ever, we spoke to the club, we agreed a fairly high price and we got the deal done.

For years its what we have wanted, get the deal done Everton, for years we have walked away, gone for the cheaper option, but nope, not this time.

30m isnt even a lot in this market, chicken feed.

Not really.

For 37m we managed to buy Lukaku, Arteta, Cahill and Besic.

Nobody can justify 30m for Pickford, its an insane amount of money for a still unproven GK.

But I honestly dont care how much he costs or what hes paid, as long as he does his job every week, thats all that matters to me.

Me too. All that matters is how he plays. If he's great it's a bargain at any price. If he's gash, it's too much at any price.

Status
Not open for further replies.