Homepage Update: Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always wondered why we never tried to get nev in as one...

..the best players/keepers might not necessarily be the best coaches. Southall is one of 3 definite world class players I have seen playing for Everton since the early 60s but I think he can be a bit of an oddball off the pitch. Saying that, he might not have wanted to be our coach, I'm not aware of Wales using him.

..the best players/keepers might not necessarily be the best coaches. Southall is one of 3 definite world class players I have seen playing for Everton since the early 60s but I think he can be a bit of an oddball off the pitch. Saying that, he might not have wanted to be our coach, I'm not aware of Wales using him.

Yeah this happens often I reckon. It must be hard for coaches/managers who were such good players struggling to grasp that the players they are coaching do not have the raw ability they had.

One of the others who I assume you put in the world class bracket (Alan Ball) allegedly struggled with this too.

It's a no-brainer. Jordan is going to prove to be a great Everton 'keeper. Anyone who can't see that must have been living in a cave last season. The fact that the fee will mount up to £30M is irrelevant, Mosh said he would get the players RK wanted and he's showed he's as good as his word. Good times ahead, Blues. ;)

Who do you think we should have signed mate?
There are a few I'd have ahead of Pickford that would have an instant impact but given who's available I'd go for Szczęsny but I would like some ambition and go at Ruffier but he's fantasy football in reality

Yeah this happens often I reckon. It must be hard for coaches/managers who were such good players struggling to grasp that the players they are coaching do not have the raw ability they had.

One of the others who I assume you put in the world class bracket (Alan Ball) allegedly struggled with this too.

...Ball was an arguably successful coach but I am extremely biased.

Think Wales had him at the start of the Mark Hughes spell. Didnt last long though. He wouldnt be suited as a coach imo, could teach young goalkeepers a thing or two but dont think he would be very inspirational. Went to see him a few years ago, came across very bitter.

Think Wales had him at the start of the Mark Hughes spell. Didnt last long though. He wouldnt be suited as a coach imo, could teach young goalkeepers a thing or two but dont think he would be very inspirational. Went to see him a few years ago, came across very bitter.

...yep, he's an odd bod but I watched him train as a player and he was sensational. I promise that Mick Lyons was no more than 8 yards away repetitively blasting shots as hard as he could at goal and Southall was saving most of them. His hands and arms must be made of concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.