Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wont be. I can almost guarantee we'll do worse in the league next season.

Worse points wise and perhaps place wise.

Dave you appear to be overdosing on optimism again!!

Might be time to slip that crinkled note to a family member when they next visit to let them know that we think that your carers might be slipping a few too many optimism tablets into your Horlicks before they tuck you in for the night ;)

Yes, exactly. Equally possible. Still, that doesn't cross the minds of some people who for some reason take great delight in calling their own players "a thick Judas" and would live to see them out of the club.

Koeman played to that element, btw, a completely despicable act. And one more reason why I'll never respect that manager and want him out.

Sorry Dave but 'kettle and pan' springs to mind here. Koeman hasn't carried out a "completely despicable act"...and that comment is a stupid as those who roll out the "thick Judas" rubbish.

Sorry Dave but 'kettle and pan' springs to mind here. Koeman hasn't carried out a "completely despicable act"...and that comment is a stupid as those who roll out the "thick Judas" rubbish.
I think it is when a manager clearly tries to stoke up public discontent with a player.

He's very personal and political as a manager. I dont like that. It's ok if the personal stuff is aimed at Liverpool but outside that then just no.

I dont think we have to be either/or. A first team core of about 18 players is what we need:

Out of the current lot of established players I'd retain: Coleman, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Barkley, Mori and keep Robles as a #2 (Lukaku and Deulofeu will be sold, imo). Add the newer players/barely tried players: Davies, Holgate, Galloway, Kenny, Dowell. Buy 8 this season: #1 GK, two CBs, two out and out attackers, a starting LB, a playmaker.

That's what a major and ambitious reconstruction would look like.

We, of course, will get f.a. like that because the board are doing this ad hoc as per, and on the cheap as per.

In the history of the top division there's never been a reconstruction of that level, and never will be. Totally unrealistic and I reckon worded to get reaction....and so you can say "I told you so".
Sorry Dave, you're one of my favourite posters but this continuous condemnation of the manager is tiresome. Any chance you can give us some of your fine verbiage on something positive about Everton....please?

In the history of the top division there's never been a reconstruction of that level, and never will be. Totally unrealistic and I reckon worded to get reaction....and so you can say "I told you so".
Sorry Dave, you're one of my favourite posters but this continuous condemnation of the manager is tiresome. Any chance you can give us some of your fine verbiage on something positive about Everton....please?
How was what I posted about the squad reconstruction a "condemnation of the manager"?!

Over the course of a season in two windows 8 players should be manageable for a club that has ambitions to crack the top four. But we dont have that ambition. That's my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.