Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AndyC Could I also add a suggestion to your ongoing dialogue with orly regarding the 'Weaselgate' issue and make a suggestion (seeing as you subjected the forum to a 'giraffe request').

I propose 'Turtlehead' points to those posters who 'pop their heads out' in the thread in order to needlessly make random comments....before 'retreating/withdrawing' into the sanctuary of their respective 'shells'.

For example, when a poster (mentioning no names) posts something along the lines of;

"Who have you scouted today lads" they gain various degrees of 'turtlehead' points.

Also, of course we are then (as a collective) able to enjoy the delights of calling off topic posters 'turtlehead'.

Not to be confused with 'The Turtle' himself, 'Gareth Barry'.

Needs to be re-directed to the Weaselmeister @orly for consideration

Insulting GazBaz should - in my book - be subject to severe neg-Weasel points ;)

Considers mild self-threadban for continuing this erstwhile off-topic chatter.

I've been told that we will...or at least I've read numerous posts on here telling me such misery is about to unfold upon us all

Been told on here, or been told by a source?

This is important in the Circle of Life.

Needs to be re-directed to the Weaselmeister @orly for consideration

Insulting GazBaz should - in my book - be subject to severe neg-Weasel points ;)

Considers mild self-threadban for continuing this erstwhile off-topic chatter.

Just include with every off topic comment this link mate to Bryan Ruiz

He began his professional career at 18, making his debut for Liga Deportiva Alajuelense on 30 November 2003 against Municipal Pérez Zeledón,[4] in Costa Rica's top division. He formed a trio with 2 strikers, Rolando Fonseca and Froylán Ledezma, where he built a reputation as a goalscorer and a play maker. He scored his first goal on 23 December 2003 against Ramonense, netting twice against Fernando Patterson.[4] In Alajuelense, Bryan was nicknamed "la comadreja" (the weasel), for his facial profile.[citation needed] He was on the team when it won regional titles such as the UNCAF Cup and the CONCACAF Champions' Cup.

I've been told that we will...or at least I've read numerous posts on here telling me such misery is about to unfold upon us all

@orly - surely the highlighted constitutes 5 Weasel points ?

Encases fingers in concrete for failing to heed ones own warning about off-topic continuance.

Whats your opinion on Gimenez?

For me, Gimenez, Koulibaly, Davinson Sanchez, Dolberg and a few others would also give us the Kancho-effect
'Wow' was my reaction to the thought that we might sign someone at the same level as Kanchelskis.

I haven't watched Gimenez that closely and was prepared to take on your rating of him, but putting four
others into that category makes me think you might be getting carried away.

I hope you're right, though, if we get any of them.

Been told on here, or been told by a source?

This is important in the Circle of Life.

I would never subject myself to discussing 'Wazza the Weasel' in my spare time with a true ITK....only with Asian female fans.

If anyone should be the ultimate weasel it would be 'Wazza'...which I think is rather self explanatory really with additional weasel points for Stretford and Stubbs.

Oh and the Asian female fans would be my own...his female fans dried up a long time ago

I would never subject myself to discussing 'Wazza the Weasel' in my spare time with a true ITK....only with Asian female fans.

If anyone should be the ultimate weasel it would be 'Wazza'...which I think is rather self explanatory really with additional weasel points for Stretford and Stubbs.

Oh and the Asian female fans would be my own...his female fans dried up a long time ago

Possibly the cringiest post I've read in years.

Zatty don't take this the wrong way but having read this post three times I think your brain may in fact be made of stilton

What we want is TRANSFERS

That's open for debate.

'Wow' was my reaction to the thought that we might sign someone at the same level as Kanchelskis.

I haven't watched Gimenez that closely and was prepared to take on your rating of him, but putting four
others into that category makes me think you might be getting carried away.

I hope you're right, though, if we get any of them.

Gimenez, probably someone like @BlueToff could more eloquently describe his skillset. In my opinion, he's every supporters dream. Still young at 22 and around the 'world class' category of defensive ability. But (and perhaps equally if not more importantly) he also has the 'passion' we, as Evertonians love to see. If we are about to concede a certain goal then this guy would put his head in front of the ball/boot to stop the shot.

The only negative with him is that sometimes his passion can lead to the occasional error of judgement in a similar manner to a Sergio Ramos (bt not as often) and, he's young enough to grow with the club and be somewhat of a 'Talismanic figurehead' of the defence.

Koulibaly/Davinson Sanchez, basically if I was going to create a centre back to be a 'one man army' with exceptional passing skills to compliment their heading, tackling, speed and strength then these two would be the monsters I would mould. Sanchez being 5 years younger of course and has had a much more rapid growth into the upper echelons than koulibaly...both are/will be world class.

Dolberg, well, he just has everything it seems. Would be a massive coup if we signed him.

Yes you've missed the fact that they still have a ban on signing players mate

Everyone assuming it's gonna be overturned in the media ofc as it sells stories

Ahh fair enough. People assuming it'll be overturned like it was for Real. They moved on it very fast though from what I remember, could be beneficial for us if Atletico have left it too late.

Gimenez, probably someone like @BlueToff could more eloquently describe his skillset. In my opinion, he's every supporters dream. Still young at 22 and around the 'world class' category of defensive ability. But (and perhaps equally if not more importantly) he also has the 'passion' we, as Evertonians love to see. If we are about to concede a certain goal then this guy would put his head in front of the ball/boot to stop the shot.

The only negative with him is that sometimes his passion can lead to the occasional error of judgement in a similar manner to a Sergio Ramos (bt not as often) and, he's young enough to grow with the club and be somewhat of a 'Talismanic figurehead' of the defence.

Koulibaly/Davinson Sanchez, basically if I was going to create a centre back to be a 'one man army' with exceptional passing skills to compliment their heading, tackling, speed and strength then these two would be the monsters I would mould. Sanchez being 5 years younger of course and has had a much more rapid growth into the upper echelons than koulibaly...both are/will be world class.

Dolberg, well, he just has everything it seems. Would be a massive coup if we signed him.

Not signing a single one of those and while 2 certain guys are in charge of our negotiations/selling the club to people, they never will.
I'd suggest maybe just opening a thread in the non everton forum with regards to these players

Yeh Gimenez is good.

Not sure if he's world class yet - in fact I think he's a bit off hence why Simeone has preferred to use him in midfield this season mostly.

Only young though, and plenty of time to improve. He does have the lot to make him a really top player and it would certainly be a coup for us.

Personally, can't see it happening though.

Status
Not open for further replies.