Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to avoid missing out on our main targets over the details like last summer. If we want Gylfi > pay the man.

We should be going all out for Gimenez from Atletico. He'd be perfect to play right back in Coleman's place until he's fit again, and by that point Gimenez would hopefully be settled into the league and be able to get in CB alongside the boss himself:

Virgil-Van-Dijk-568235.jpg

Apparently it's very likely that David Henen is going to extend his contract and then he'll be loaned out to Standard:

Source: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20170523_02894908

Other article: http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...contacte-david-henen-592300e5cd702b5fbeba3c24
I don't get the Henen situation at all. Everything from the first loan, then the weird Olympiakos thing and now this foreverloan situation. What does the club, or Henen for that matter, get out of this weird situation?

I don't get the Henen situation at all. Everything from the first loan, then the weird Olympiakos thing and now this foreverloan situation. What does the club, or Henen for that matter, get out of this weird situation?

Idk; the article says that they hope that he'll finally be able to play first team football (L’objectif du club de Romelu Lukaku et Kevin Mirallas est de le prêter afin qu’il puisse enfin bénéficier de temps de jeu.); not really a challenge since the Standard squad is dire. A couple of years ago he was up there as one of the biggest talents in Belgian football. Since then however all the things he has done weren't beneficial in any way for his development; so who knows maybe this time he'll come good.

If Ross stays I wouldn't mind seeing him playing in a 3 with Morgan and Gana tbh. Driving from deep is what he's best at. Leave the front 3 attacking positions for quicker more intelligent attackers.

Koeman doesn't trust him in there, says he takes too many touches of the ball in deeper areas and makes mistakes. He does dally on the ball too much to play in CM. Then there's the tactical side of being in there, his defensive duties. His positioning out of possesion is shocking and he doesn't track runners or follow men. I know it wasn't with Schneiderlin & Gueye but Barkley got his chance in CM against Chelsea and failed miserably. It was a chance for him to show what he could do in there and he couldn't do anything.

Not saying we have or we haven't stalled on wages but if we are to try and push on and compete with the teams above us then we need to start offering good, competitive wages! Some of the teams above us are paying near on double the amount we've allegedly offered Sigurdsson! I'm not for one minute saying we should do that but is giving around £150K a week to top level players too much to ask?!
It is if our other targets are going to want parity with this.

Idk; the article says that they hope that he'll finally be able to play first team football (L’objectif du club de Romelu Lukaku et Kevin Mirallas est de le prêter afin qu’il puisse enfin bénéficier de temps de jeu.); not really a challenge since the Standard squad is dire. A couple of years ago he was up there as one of the biggest talents in Belgian football. Since then however all the things he has done weren't beneficial in any way for his development; so who knows maybe this time he'll come good.

That's easy for you to say.....

Status
Not open for further replies.