Old Everton Pictures

The irony of the victory for me at least was going to Wembley to witness one of the most dire games I have seen. Most exciting thing that day was doing a runner from a Wimpey bar in the concourse in Wembley Central straight onto the footie special coming back.
First time at Wembley for me,as a pre birthday treat went on the Pullman mate,all very exciting for the young Dario,no extra time that day was there tommy?at least someone in the powers that be had some senselol

Catterick in 1966.jpg

This picture was in the Programme last night. Great to see Catterick in this moment.

First time at Wembley for me,as a pre birthday treat went on the Pullman mate,all very exciting for the young Dario,no extra time that day was there tommy?at least someone in the powers that be had some senselol
Missed the Hillsborough replay but went to Old Trafford. Outplayed them and when Latch scored I thought we were on our way. Then a once in a lifetime effort from Chris Nichol got them back into it. When Brian Little got their winner I would have gladly decked the little greasy headed squirt. Fast forward some years and I found myself behind him in a queue in a supermarket checkout in Hull when he was manager there.
I tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned round, no, I didn't gob him, but told him of my feelings at the time. He admitted that we were the better team that night but said when Nichols goal went in, they believed their name was on the cup.
I will wager we will not win the League Cup ever, the Alan Handson goal line clearance convinced me of that.

Missed the Hillsborough replay but went to Old Trafford. Outplayed them and when Latch scored I thought we were on our way. Then a once in a lifetime effort from Chris Nichol got them back into it. When Brian Little got their winner I would have gladly decked the little greasy headed squirt. Fast forward some years and I found myself behind him in a queue in a supermarket checkout in Hull when he was manager there.
I tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned round, no, I didn't gob him, but told him of my feelings at the time. He admitted that we were the better team that night but said when Nichols goal went in, they believed their name was on the cup.
I will wager we will not win the League Cup ever, the Alan Handson goal line clearance convinced me of that.
Yep mate,I met him(Little) years later and got to admit he is a nice fella,Nicholls goal,jeez,never did it before and never after,I think there was only 15/20 minutes to go and we whilst not dominating,never really looked like conceding,I'm with you tommy,I can't see us ever winning that sodding competition!!

..regarding that Hansen incident, I played in London not long after and had the same referee. If I recall rightly, his name was Robinson. Anyway, I took the opportunity to politely mention the incident. He said he couldn't give what he didn't see.