New Everton Stadium Discussion

Could happen, quite easily. But then thats what Bara and RM did, result, a pretty predictable league. Like, I have not a clue why Bournemouth versus Hull would get more than 3 viewers in China and India combined, but the "brand" of the English Premier League is somehow lapped up by folk all over the place.
Dont understand it, but if it means we get lobbed £100m plus a year for being in the party, then until that breaks, take the stadium option on offer now.
Off topic, I know, but I love watching Bournemouth play. Swansea, too. Now, Arsenal and Man Utd...:rolleyes:

Dave - there are only two certainties in life. Taxes and death. We can do very little about either and whilst l am sure that we all echo your sentiments about what may or may not happen in the future these things are outside our control. It's no good pondering or ruminating just go with the swing and enjoy. Most of us on here won't be around if or when it all goes t*ts up so live for the moment.

Dave can i just say from someone who is not your biggest fan that your posts on this thread today have been great to read.

Most of what you have said as far as how its all being funded and also looking at the bigger picture in terms of if we should ever get relegated is something we all need to seriously consider,and when you are not posting without some sort of agenda you are actually very interesting.

more of this please....

TBF, when the scheme was last in the news the detail of the proposed deal was overtaken by the preceding speculation about what would be announced - whether the plan was to go ahead or not and what the design could look like. Now the novelty of that is out of the way I expect any more news about funding structure and how it could affect the club to be front and centre. If it was another Kenwright scheme we would be poring over the minutiae of the scheme. That's what is required now also. I'm confident now the giddiness has abated that most will be sifting through this deal with a fine tooth comb and weighing up the cons as well as the pros.

Dave - there are only two certainties in life. Taxes and death. We can do very little about either and whilst l am sure that we all echo your sentiments about what may or may not happen in the future these things are outside our control. It's no good pondering or ruminating just go with the swing and enjoy. Most of us on here won't be around if or when it all goes t*ts up so live for the moment.
That doesn't mean we abandon rational assessment. Just because you know someday you'll snuff it doesn't mean you go out right now and throw caution to the wind.

Try it yourself and see how far it gets you.

I would disagree with the above mate. It's not any different to Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea borrowing money for their ground. United being in hoc to their owners for 100s of millions. Or City in an even more pricarious situation of not owning or having the opportunity to own their ground. I suppose what those clubs have in common is that they are ahead of us in the table and are eating at the top table of European football what that means in terms of a risk Vs benefit test, is there to be evaluated. Each of those clubs, if your concerns were realised however rational or irrational they are would be in a similar or more difficult position. We hold little or to no debt as opposed to other clubs. The burden of liability in negligible now and likely to be in the future, social inflation itself is likely to make any liability derisory, the enabling ability means the repayment will be met with the most minor of revenue streams for us even in the championship.

On the administration thus far I disagree that they have done nothing, fundamentally critically they have breathed new life into the club by tackling inhibitors in terms or debt and presented a model and strategy for progress within 12 months, that is hugely impressive both the debt and stadium issue have been milestones around our necks for decades. I believe in processes rather then events when it comes to change, but that rate of development by the administration is staggering when you are talking of 100 of millions in debt repayment and enablings to be earned. That's from a macro point of view, from a micro point of view I'm really happy with other developments as well. So I'm largely disagreeing with you mate, I think your missing Bill mate!lol
It's entirely different to those examples. They have the wherewithal to get a build done and paid for in pretty short order and they have the global pull (and therefore commercial revenue streams) that we dont.

We are a middle size club in PL terms with an atrocious commercial department and record of monetising Everton, and taking on a mountain of debt is far from wise, regardless of our current level of debt.

The premier league will be played one match after another from Friday until Sunday evening, with no two matches kicking off at the same time soon enough. Asian money will outbid sky and BT for the next tv deal.
Looking forward to the 3am kick-off away to Bournemouth.

Our realistic choice is either we take a calculated risk, and yes there is risk, or we carry on with several decades more of planned mediocrity praying for the sugar-daddy who never comes and hope we aren't overtaken by too many others taking calculated risks. As everyone in business understands trying to eliminate risk is also risky.

Stand still, go backwards is as true as fly too high, get burnt. Choose your poison. If we are taking the risks at least we have a measure of control, perhaps only an illusion of control if Moshiri turns out to be the fraud some fear. If we leave others to take the risks all we can do is watch and hope. I'd rather be the one to do than the one to sit and watch.

TBF, when the scheme was last in the news the detail of the proposed deal was overtaken by the preceding speculation about what would be announced - whether the plan was to go ahead or not and what the design could look like. Now the novelty of that is out of the way I expect any more news about funding structure and how it could affect the club to be front and centre. If it was another Kenwright scheme we would be poring over the minutiae of the scheme. That's what is required now also. I'm confident now the giddiness has abated that most will be sifting through this deal with a fine tooth comb and weighing up the cons as well as the pros.
If this scheme fails to come to fruition for whatever reason our hopes of recovering our former status will be dashed. In football as in business we have to manage our brand awareness, how we're perceived in the wider world. Once we were unquestionably one of the elite , this perception meant players were desperate to join us , we were seen as one of the pinnacles of a footballers career. Consequently we had the pick of the best players to sustain our successes. Our steep decline has seen this perception change radically. We are now perceived as mid table club and the best players look past us,or we would have to offer larger wages or guaranteed game time to get them to consider a move to us. This , obviously , makes it far harder to garner any success.
We often moan about how the media ignore us , but in reality they give us the same attention as any other mid range club, the past is the past , we are what we are. Yesterday the report that a sought after youngster had discounted a move to a 'big' club , was met with joy as this gave us an outside chance of signing him. We don't even believe in ourselves anymore.
This stadium apart from the greatly increased revenue, will be a statement to the wider world that our brand is serious,that we fully intend to return to the top table.
Staying still and hoping to spawn a cup or even a league title will not by itself restore our standing. I havent noticed a plethora of top players queuing to join Leicester, have you? Our continued decline may even threaten our existence as much as any new stadium.
Undoubtedly there is hazard , but I see it as the only real chance to begin to repair the untold damage done to our club in the past three decades.

If this scheme fails to come to fruition for whatever reason our hopes of recovering our former status will be dashed. In football as in business we have to manage our brand awareness, how we're perceived in the wider world. Once we were unquestionably one of the elite , this perception meant players were desperate to join us , we were seen as one of the pinnacles of a footballers career. Consequently we had the pick of the best players to sustain our successes. Our steep decline has seen this perception change radically. We are now perceived as mid table club and the best players look past us,or we would have to offer larger wages or guaranteed game time to get them to consider a move to us. This , obviously , makes it far harder to garner any success.
We often moan about how the media ignore us , but in reality they give us the same attention as any other mid range club, the past is the past , we are what we are. Yesterday the report that a sought after youngster had discounted a move to a 'big' club , was met with joy as this gave us an outside chance of signing him. We don't even believe in ourselves anymore.
This stadium apart from the greatly increased revenue, will be a statement to the wider world that our brand is serious,that we fully intend to return to the top table.
Staying still and hoping to spawn a cup or even a league title will not by itself restore our standing. I havent noticed a plethora of top players queuing to join Leicester, have you? Our continued decline may even threaten our existence as much as any new stadium.
Undoubtedly there is hazard , but I see it as the only real chance to begin to repair the untold damage done to our club in the past three decades.
Just put Gueye on him.

It's entirely different to those examples. They have the wherewithal to get a build done and paid for in pretty short order and they have the global pull (and therefore commercial revenue streams) that we dont.

We are a middle size club in PL terms with an atrocious commercial department and record of monetising Everton, and taking on a mountain of debt is far from wise, regardless of our current level of debt.

I have to disagree with you there mate, i think the points i made are valid. No way and i certainly dont believe that City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are bigger clubs then us or have bigger or better top draw capacity. I would accept that they are on an upward curve at the moment in terms of profile. But what you are looking at with each is the reason behind that an external stimulus in either an owner or a facility led model of resource generation. which is exactly the path we are choosing. City and Chelsea are interesting ones as they themselves went through a process of change in administration, i know there recent success seems instant but they were a good 3-4 years before being competitive for leagues or being competitive in Champions League football. Also when you are talking about finance and economics the same rules apply across the board those clubs would be in difficult positions, with a systemic change in the current PL funding.

I don really believe relegation would see us out on the street either, you dont suddenly stop earning money in the championship, the liability is well manageable even if the worst was to ever happen.

Historically our commercial department could/should have done better. However with the new administration we have recently signed a 15 million (total 75) a year deal for the training ground, now that is wholly new revenue and meets the reported liability for the stadium straight of the bat (coincidentally) relegation or not. We are about to announce a new shirt sponsor and shirt sleeve - i would imagine significantly more then the 3 mill odd we were getting annually from Chang. That makes our sponsorship revenue increase from between 200-500%. Not bad in 12 months.

In comparison to our revenue before Moshiri to what we earn under him organically the stadium liability is cost neutral. There is a caution with me however for the reasons i outlined.

Ok, rather bored so this is how I imagine Moshiri's takeover to have come about:

Robert Elstone (RE): Well, Boss. Did you manage to flog the family silver?
Blue Bill (BK): Have no fear, Robert. It's all sorted
RE: Go on then, how much did you get? This money will keep us afloat for a couple of more seasons.
BK: No need to concern yourself, Robert. It's all in hand.
RE: How much, Boss?
BK: Let me put it this way. Just think of the potential
RE: How much, Boss?
BK: OK, straight up. I was hawking Stonesy around the market and this very nice man with a Persian-looking appearance grabbed me by the hand and told me he wasn't interested in any of my chatels but would like to make me an offer for the club.
RE: I don't want to hear where you are going with this
BK: Honestly, Robert. It wasn't easy. You'll see. As soon as I looked into his eyes I was smitten. He lavished promises of untold wealth upon me and a future we could only have dreamed of before
RE: I despair
BK: No, No! It's true. His vision is so inspiring that I couldn't help but shake his hand there and then
RE: Oh, just great! You do know what you've gone and done, don't you? You've gone and sold us down the river and it will be a miracle if we still have our jobs in two years time. But do you know what's worst of all? That bloody @davek on GOT will be all over this like a rash.

Need to get unbored...and quick!

I have to disagree with you there mate, i think the points i made are valid. No way and i certainly dont believe that City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are bigger clubs then us or have bigger or better top draw capacity. I would accept that they are on an upward curve at the moment in terms of profile.

Claiming Everton are a bigger club than Arsenal is pure delusion.

I have to disagree with you there mate, i think the points i made are valid. No way and i certainly dont believe that City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are bigger clubs then us or have bigger or better top draw capacity. I would accept that they are on an upward curve at the moment in terms of profile. But what you are looking at with each is the reason behind that an external stimulus in either an owner or a facility led model of resource generation. which is exactly the path we are choosing. City and Chelsea are interesting ones as they themselves went through a process of change in administration, i know there recent success seems instant but they were a good 3-4 years before being competitive for leagues or being competitive in Champions League football. Also when you are talking about finance and economics the same rules apply across the board those clubs would be in difficult positions, with a systemic change in the current PL funding.

I don really believe relegation would see us out on the street either, you dont suddenly stop earning money in the championship, the liability is well manageable even if the worst was to ever happen.

Historically our commercial department could/should have done better. However with the new administration we have recently signed a 15 million (total 75) a year deal for the training ground, now that is wholly new revenue and meets the reported liability for the stadium straight of the bat (coincidentally) relegation or not. We are about to announce a new shirt sponsor and shirt sleeve - i would imagine significantly more then the 3 mill odd we were getting annually from Chang. That makes our sponsorship revenue increase from between 200-500%. Not bad in 12 months.

In comparison to our revenue before Moshiri to what we earn under him organically the stadium liability is cost neutral. There is a caution with me however for the reasons i outlined.

Arsenal not bigger than us ?

The ladies team ?

Claiming Everton are a bigger club than Arsenal is pure delusion.
I think his point is fair. If you look at us up to the mid 90s there was little to pick between us. They;ve gone off on a higher trajectory since then but there's no reason we can't get to their level with the right backing.