How to prevent Europe from ruining your season

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiserEFC

Player Valuation: £70m
Well it looks like we will probably qualify for Europe which means new cities, new ales and getting gassed by xenophobic paramilitary police forces.

Unfortunately Europe (particularly Europa) is well known for ruining seasons domestically we (arguably) fell victim to this a couple of years ago. So my question is how do you prevent this from happening? Do you need a bigger squad/decent rotation/or just accept you're screwed in the league

Discuss.

Well it looks like we will probably qualify for Europe which means new cities, new ales and getting gassed by xenophobic paramilitary police forces.

Unfortunately Europe (particularly Europa) is well known for ruining seasons domestically we (arguably) fell victim to this a couple of years ago. So my question is how do you prevent this from happening? Do you need a bigger squad/decent rotation/or just accept you're screwed in the league

Discuss.

Too busy dreaming about your opening statement to care. Bring it on

Never understand this, you're in the league every year unless you're a bit crap, Europe is more of a rarity, and that goes for everyone except United, Chelsea, arsenal and now city. Why not concentrate on Europe more?
Because, as far as I see it, good league position is more likely to bring revenue in the modern game and another shot at Europe. The league has more capacity to bring joy or doom on a regular basis. If it's regular, I want to sign up for the joy.

Europe shows a less likely chance of ultimate victory. The victory is sweeter yes, but less likely. I'm thinking of us growing and developing as a force. Qualifying top 4 for the runners up league next year would do us more good, for instance, than being semi finalists in uefa.

Obviously, I'd want us to win both, plus the league and fa cup double, but i'm just considering odds/statistics - not that I'm a betting man.

I'd be interested in the stats that show Europe has an impact. I reckon if it does it's barely there, just received wisdom nowadays that goes unchallenged.

Great chance to play those who normally are on the bench, give some of the under 23s a game...etc

Aside from that, with Goodison being hard to get good tickets for now be a chance for some to go to a cheap home game

Because, as far as I see it, good league position is more likely to bring revenue in the modern game and another shot at Europe. The league has more capacity to bring joy or doom on a regular basis. If it's regular, I want to sign up for the joy.

Europe shows a less likely chance of ultimate victory.
The victory is sweeter yes, but less likely. I'm thinking of us growing and developing as a force. Qualifying top 4 for the runners up league next year would do us more good, for instance, than being semi finalists in uefa.

Obviously, I'd want us to win both, plus the league and fa cup double, but i'm just considering odds/statistics - not that I'm a betting man.

Possibly, but going into next season, we have more chance of winning the europa than winning the title and then winning that means CL football which is arguably again more achievable than finishing in the top 4th. I think europe is brilliant when we're there, the fulham equivalent in portugal is much more enjoyable than actually playing fulham themselves, football is all about glory for me, not financial gain. I know what you're saying but we could get all the money in the world and still end up winning nothing year on year, just look at the RS in and out of europe gaining loads of money , hasn't brought them any joy lately, just insufferable heartbreak lol

I remember going to us home vs Wolfsburg the last time we were in it, on a Thursday night and it was electric. That was before Bobby faltered and everyone was thinking the real Everton was back in business.
More of that next season, and I couldn't care less for any negatives that might be associated with it.

Isn't a place in Europe was the reason we play league games? The FA obviously believes it's a good thing because they award the European places to the top teams. If it was such a bad thing you'd think they punish the clubs just above the relegation zone with European competion...that would teach them.

The Premier League is the regular season. Europe is the playoffs. To put a bit of a North American slant on it.

Preparation is the key.

Don't take anything easy. We want more of the Wolfsburgs and the Fiorentinas. (Not the result like). This is why we want Europe. Cos all you sad brexits get to see us in all of our pomp. Giving it large in our third kit on a windy night in Slovenia. You know you bought it for a reason. 6-0 to Everton. Whoever we get.

We have just won the Premier League 2. That will be usefull thing.

Sign lots of boss players and feelgood factor around the club continues.

Our season will start early blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.