Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel any player we bring in should be european standard starter. Push current players down the pecking order. We should sign squad players who will fill in now and again. If we want to push on we have to buy big. Van Dijk is a must.
Just look at who Koeman has already got rid of mate.
No room for squad fillers with this fella.

Just look at who Koeman has already got rid of mate.
No room for squad fillers with this fella.

IF we keep Rom than unlikely any striker that comes in will be a starter. Yet there are positions on the pitch that need big improvements. We aren't far off now.

I am inclined to agree with those who would not spend £55m on Van Dijk.

Arguably the whole back line will be in need of replacement over the next 1-2 years depending on the outcome with Coleman.

But we have still been relatively solid there apart from a couple of poor games.

I would much rather pool than sort of cash into 2 CB's rather than one, we might have to shop abroad for at least one of those signings.

Alternatively, spend it on creativity and goalscoring ability further up the pitch.

Ultimately I still don't think we can attract VVD even if we are willing and able to spend that sort of cash on a single signing, I would imagine we are not.

Koeman and Walsh have a very difficult balancing act to get right this summer - we need numbers and people talk about "quality" but I don't imagine we have the budget to make big signings across all areas.

I hope we can make about six signings - if we pull that off I imagine at least two of them will be for modest fees relative to the others. This is where Walsh should come in.

Priority needs to be given to the needs of the team as a whole - it will be a long season with Europa League football and there should be enough games for everyone. The signings need to be spread across all areas of the team.

We are trying to build a side to complete for UCL but we face into the summer needing a lot of players. Most of the sides above us have been spending big and often for years.

I still think being genuine UCL contenders is probably 3 windows off but I hope we can make the biggest strides towards that this summer. This is going to be the acid test of our transfer budget, readiness, and ability to get deals over the line.

IF we keep Rom than unlikely any striker that comes in will be a starter. Yet there are positions on the pitch that need big improvements. We aren't far off now.
You're most probably correct, although he has shown on occasions that he's willing to have someone on the pitch to support Rom if necessary.

Also, with the options we've had I don't feel as if it has been a suitable option to play two up front for a long time. A new addition may change this.

Either way, if we keep Rom then it would be once again naive and incredibly risky to start the season with one competent forward once again.

So I'm sure that Koeman will be looking at bringing in at least one player in this position come the Summer whether Rom stays or goes.

But he will have:
- City
- Chelsea
- Arsenal

all bidding for him this summer.

The only chance we have of beating them is because of Koeman's 'history' with the player.

I don't really care about those 3 clubs you mentioned tbh. I want to see a resurgent Everton paying no heed or respect to their standing. Get our business done and no excuses.

Could possibly be us? Taken from Newsnow so with a pinch of salt...
Sead Kolasinac agrees to join ‘unnamed Premier League’ club, Manchester City, Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool linked

Rumours we have offered a contract to Schalke's Bosnian left back, Kolasinac. Out of contract in summer

I'm not saying those results wouldn't change.

What I'm saying is that if you turn 3 losses in to draws through having better defenders you get 3 points. If you turn 3 draws in to wins by getting better attacking players you get 6 points.

Most teams that win leagues don't have to defend much because they normally have the best midfielders and attackers so they control posession, create more chances and don't get attacked often.

People assume that the teams that have the best defensive record must have the best defenders. That's often true but it's often the midfield shielding the defence from attacks and not giving away posession that makes the defensive record so good. If you don't lose the ball cheaply, you minimize the ability of the other team to attack you.

We struggle to beat the top 6 teams because we rarely look like scoring against them because our attacking players aren't on the same level as a unit.

If we want to beat the top 6 teams we have to beat them, not draw with them. We can spend as much money as we want on great defenders but it won't help us as much as it will if we increase our attacking threat and ability to score goals.

I understand what you are saying but so far this season we have scored 1 in each of the utd games and drawn both. One in a draw with city. None against liverpool when we lost by one at goodison. 1 at the draw with spurs at home then 3 when we lost 3-2 away.

The results are only fine margins and we have been scoring in those matches. We took 4 points from those fixtures from teams in the top six. If we had better defenders we could of took 14 with just one goal less conceded in each game.

Wondering if we get say 120 million for lukaku and barkley. Will we re invest less ,the same , or more. If its less or the same how can we expect to challange for so called top 6. We need 5/6 top quality players if those 2 go and thats around 200 mill

Reckon Kolasinac will choose Liverpool.

Would absolutely love him here like, been the best LB in the Bundesliga this season, but half of Europe is chasing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.