Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford isn't good enough, We need a finished article not someone training on the job, he's only Sunderlands first choice because they are Sunderland.

I dont understand why some Everton fans seem to think he is good enough, the only time they have seen him proper over 90 minutes, basically the 2 times we have played them this season he has been total rubbish, at Goodison he flapped all over the place even when at times he was under no pressure, at Sunderland let 3 in.
I understand the potential and the media hyping him because he is English, and yes he will stay in the Premier League im sure, but Sunderland will want a big fee for him, which would be a total waste of money to not improve us.

I dont have a problem buying a player from a side that goes down, such as Idrisa, but they need to have value for money and make us a better side, Pickford is neither.

I reckon our top targets genuinely are the ones being bounced around in here, which I don't usually believe to be the case. Pickford, Keane, Van Dijk, Sigurdsson, Rooney. We're undeniably stronger if we get those 5 in, despite me having reservations about Pickford due to his age, and Rooney for the same reason.

Guaranteed starter and European football at a team on a clear upward trajectory. We need to aim high. None of this we tried but we're only plucky little everton crap.
There's a pyramid and we're not yet a CL side, so if the reported interest from Chelsea and the rest is accurate, then we're unlikely to get him, it's called realism.

Pickford isn't good enough, We need a finished article not someone training on the job, he's only Sunderlands first choice because they are Sunderland.
I must confess to not paying much attention to Pickford.
Whenever I watch Sunderland I only focus on Moyes and his constant look of fume at being Sussed as a gash manager, and my inner fume of seeing Paul Bracewell sat next to him.

We were interested, they said how much they wanted, bobby preferred Funes Mori and Virge then went to Saints instead

So yes, it DID work just like that!

We signed Funes Mori before Virge signed with Saints, so Bobby clearly preferred Rammy and went for him instead. He was wrong

Maybe Van Dijk didnt want to come to us?

We were interested, they said how much they wanted, bobby preferred Funes Mori and Virge then went to Saints instead

So yes, it DID work just like that!

We signed Funes Mori before Virge signed with Saints, so Bobby clearly preferred Rammy and went for him instead. He was wrong

Think there might be more to it than simple conclusions like the above. We haven't got a clue what went on or was said haha.

Guaranteed starter and European football at a team on a clear upward trajectory. We need to aim high. None of this we tried but we're only plucky little everton crap.

But he will have:
- City
- Chelsea
- Arsenal

all bidding for him this summer.

The only chance we have of beating them is because of Koeman's 'history' with the player.

There's a pyramid and we're not yet a CL side, so if the reported interest from Chelsea and the rest is accurate, then we're unlikely to get him, it's called realism.
He's going to cost over 50m probably. Depends who has the appetite at that price. If we have, I'm pretty sure there won't be much competition.

Chelsea just spent mega on Luiz. They already have boss defence and have Zouma fit and Christensen back from loan for next season. Arse have just spent big on Mustaphi. United on Baillee. City on Stones plus they need to prioritise full backs.

Dont underestimate the pull of Koeman here too.

I must confess to not paying much attention to Pickford.
Whenever I watch Sunderland I only focus on Moyes and his constant look of fume at being Sussed as a gash manager, and my inner fume of seeing Paul Bracewell sat next to him.

I wasn't impressed when they came to Goodison this season. Looks too small for a start off.

I feel any player we bring in should be european standard starter. Push current players down the pecking order. We should sign squad players who will fill in now and again. If we want to push on we have to buy big. Van Dijk is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.