What should the new stadium look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a gut feeling it is going to have bowed sides along the perpendicular with vertical towers in each corner and horizontal floodlighting and an isoscoles triangle for a roof with a rectangular area in the middle covered in grass so footballers to turn out and be boo'd. But that's just my guess

It's definitely something they're wary of. Chatted to Meis on Tuesday in C&F, and he was talking about how bad he thinks the Emirates design is for this reason.

He was talking alot about steep stands and proximity to the pitch. I didn't get the impression that he's got a bowl design in mind, but if he does it definitely won't be in the traditional Arsenal/City mould.
The emirates design is defo not condusive for a great atmosphere. intimidating it certainly isnt. by the sounds of it. dan meis has got this aspect of design covered

OK, and in that area in Germany, how many major teams is there?

In same area in UK you have Man U, Man C, and Liverpool.

You think someone from Manchester area is going to choose Everton above Man C or Man U?

Also Bayern is THE biggest team in Germany and maybe top three in the whole world.

A simply crazy comparison.

I've been choosing Everton for over 40 years despite living in Manchester....plenty others do too

It's definitely something they're wary of. Chatted to Meis on Tuesday in C&F, and he was talking about how bad he thinks the Emirates design is for this reason.

He was talking alot about steep stands and proximity to the pitch. I didn't get the impression that he's got a bowl design in mind, but if he does it definitely won't be in the traditional Arsenal/City mould.

I'm not getting the love in from our fans with steep stands for atmosphere. Is it is the Top Balcony fans who are pushing for it? I can't see our lads who do the Barkley song bouncing around together when each row is 18 to 24 inches in height.

Shallow stands encourages more standing and that is key to getting an atmosphere. Steep stands mean everyone sits more.

Steep stands look impressive but I don't think they actually are in reality. At the back of the stand you'll be some distance from the action, think Newcastle's away end.

For a large stadium there has to be a degree of steepness anyway for sightlines so accept that but we can't be asking for steep stands as that would imply we want beyond the standard level.

If people are bothered about the atmosphere in the new ground, get on to them to ask for two home ends rather than having one end for away fans. Mither them about no corporate boxes behind the goal.

If we want fans close to the action get on to them about any tiered stands overlapping each other so we're getting, in parts, two sets of fans covering the same area. Or ask about minimum legroom/treads if you want fans close to the pitch.
Btw sorry to take this rant out on you, it's not aimed at yourself!

Last edited:

It's not glass, it's ethylene tetraflouroethylene (or ETFE), a transparent polymer similar to Teflon that will allow natural light to flood the stadium. The material is lighter than glass, and is fitted to block out harmful UV rays.

Yes that's right, the same material that green houses and conservatories are made of. I've never been in a cold green house or conservatory
when the sun is out.

I'm so confident in Meis Architects...

doha_sportcity_4b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.