Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a problem? I know he fell out with the Barca hierarchy, Cruyff, but would that be visited on Koeman?

I do think he'd step on too many toes with his managerial style, and those ego's would need to be stoked.

Not that it's on the cards.

Board elections are every 6 years and Rosell/Bartomeu represent a segment of the club against Cruyff/Laporta/Guardiola, primarily an aging yet active segment of the club IMHO. Koeman being Koeman, even without being a Cruyff loyalist would never fit the profile of who Bartomeu/Rosell desire in a coach - basically someone who will tow the line. Koeman knows the club from the inside, knows the politics etc. and knows it would be an untenable position even if he were offered it - a bit like the poisoned chalice

I am certain most fans will welcome him back with open arms, at some point - myself included, but not now. Plus, Koeman knows this board won't ultimately pursue him either but you can't rule yourself out altogether either

If Koeman were to leave in the near future, it won't be Barcelona IMHO but as I mentioned before, not sure why he would leave - even if Lukaku is sold

Mate, do you honestly think that any premier league manager, when asked who he would like to manage in said league, would actually name a team? Get real.

He said he liked Liverpool as a kid.

Some might make the vast leap of a conclusion that he is, in fact, a Kopite.
He didn't just say it, he said it in reply to a question about who he'd like to manage other than Southampton.

The obvious conclusion is that he stated he supported Liverpool as a kid, so...

That's plain as the nose on your face.

Overall though WTF is going on here? We have people posting blag and fake news stories here and phoney ITKs posted garbage...but I'm supposed to be (in your words) "ashamed" of myself for posting an article with the man's own words in verbatim. How is this working exactly?

The feller was asked 18 months ago about what team he'd like to manage. Given that we are Everton FC, Liverpool's greatest rivals, how is his stating 'Liverpool' my act of "wummery"?

He said it didn't he? It's news that an Everton manager wanted to manage them so short a time period ago. Did I make that up?

18 months ago he had absolutely no idea that he was destined to be the gaffer of the greatest team in the land which effectively puts that interview out of context. If asked the same question now he would probably state something along the lines of:

"But OK - when I was a kid I liked Liverpool - they were a well known team throughout Europe then but now that I am lucky enough to be managing the original footy team in Liverpool I would rather drink instant coffee and stick hot pins in my mayo covered testicles than have anything to do with them"

Nothing to worry about - certainly not grounds to label him a Kopite by any stretch.............

13968917952_171b7cf07f_b.jpg

He didn't just say it, he said it in reply to a question about who he'd like to manage other than Southampton.

The obvious conclusion is that he stated he supported Liverpool as a kid, so...

That's plain as the nose on your face.

Overall though WTF is going on here? We have people posting blag and fake news stories here and phoney ITKs posted garbage...but I'm supposed to be (in your words) "ashamed" of myself for posting an article with the man's own words in verbatim. How is this working exactly?

Obvious conclusion? Only if someone is delighted to make that jump.

And as for "ashamed". You called the current manager of Everton Football Club a Kopite, because he said he liked Liverpool as a Dutch 8 year old. (Or however old he was.)

Utterly ridiculous. And beneath you.

I have devoted a great deal of my life to this club.

Please dont mock or abuse that.

It wouldn't hurt to increase the positive/negative ratio of your posting. I'm not convinced things are bad enough at the club to warrant such an overwhelmingly negative slant across such a wide range of topics. It's hard to see where the fun is in supporting the team for you.

Obvious conclusion? Only if someone is delighted to make that jump.

And as for "ashamed". You called the current manager of Everton Football Club a Kopite, because he said he liked Liverpool as a Dutch 8 year old. (Or however old he was.)

Utterly ridiculous. And beneath you.
Yes, ok. Calling the Dutchman a Kopite was a step too far. I apologise for that. But that isn't the issue here, not by a long chalk. The issue is that people seem to want truth buried. What's worse than that?

If we read that on RAWK we'd be pissing ourselves at the cultish nature of someone being chased all over a thread for posting an article that quotes directly their own manager's words and telling them they should have just stuck it up their jumper and kept quiet about it.

It's utterly absurd. .

Status
Not open for further replies.