Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club already sort of made it clear that the next coach has to be someone who knows/understands the club from the inside, so Koeman ticks that box - but being a Cruyff loyalist means its unlikely he will get the call + he doesn't really have his teams playing the sort of football Barca would prefer to play as you pointed out

Koeman is immensely popular among fans and he's never one to shy away from his affection for the club either, hence why I am certain he covets the job. I just think it'll come at a time when the club is more in transition and needing to get things back in order rather than build on what they are currently doing

The Everton job is perfect for him and with a new stadium and deep pocketed owner he could do something special
Is that a problem? I know he fell out with the Barca hierarchy, Cruyff, but would that be visited on Koeman?

I do think he'd step on too many toes with his managerial style, and those ego's would need to be stoked.

Not that it's on the cards.

Yeah, you're right lads.

The Everton manager is a Kopite. No biggy.

'kin ell.
I used to like Aston villa when I was like 3 years old as I lived near there... does that mean in the near did 40 years since I am now allowed to change my mind??? Oh noes all those years wasted as an Evertonian because I ONCE liked another team...

For the love of god, just use the ignore button and the nonsense will go away

632.gif

Yes, but it was in answer to a particular question.

Mate, do you honestly think that any premier league manager, when asked who he would like to manage in said league, would actually name a team? Get real.

He said he liked Liverpool as a kid.

Some might make the vast leap of a conclusion that he is, in fact, a Kopite.

I call it dedication.

Bit of an over-reaction.

Another over-reaction.

Etc etc.

It's okay for a fan not to like the Everton manager if that's how they feel.

Anyway - all hail the lemon cat.

That's all fair and fine.

What is dead weird tho is an everton fan not enjoying everton winning football matches. I love winning me.

Another over-reaction.

It's not an overreaction at all. Admittedly this isn't the real world, but could you imagine standing in a pub with him airing these views on a match day?

We are 10 days into an international break when we are sitting on back to back home wins, not sure all these threads can decend into chaos, yet again.

I do find it an embarrassing way to support our team. If support is the right word.

But I'm not a fan of causing fume for the sake of it, if you like that style of posting then no doubt, Dave is your man.

I post on here exactly how I'd talk about Everton at Goodison on a match day. Anyone who has met me will vouch for that.

I used to like Aston villa when I was like 3 years old as I lived near there... does that mean in the near did 40 years since I am now allowed to change my mind??? Oh noes all those years wasted as an Evertonian because I ONCE liked another team...
Did you state 18 months ago that you wanted to be Liverpool manager? That's the pertinent part. Nothing to do with childhood favourite teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.