New Everton Stadium Discussion

Apologies if I'm wrong.. just thought I heard Meiss say that's what they did at Celtic Park. Perhaps that was just for the opening ceremony with Rod and the Proclamers. Meiss was talking about designing 'Transformers type stadiums' (his words) that can shift seats and pitch levels to accommodate other sports and music. Goes along with us wanting to make the very best use out of our new ground to generate more money for the club. Either way if it can be used temporarily for some part of the games it's going to generate some sort of payment for us.
Yeah, ye did speak about that and even put together a groundbreaking concept design for Qatar 2022. That's not progressing though - even with their (previously) unlimited budget. You'd have probably been looking at many billions of dollars, on an enormous site.

In reality, there is no practical way to have a football stadium used for athletics unless the stands are miles back from the pitch - even if there's a retractable lower tier (see Stade de France).

The engineering of the way they build stadiums is amazing. That they build the concrete sections elsewhere and then bring them in. Our new location should make it a lot easier to ship in and maybe save us money.

Dan Meis is in the UK...

Lukaku signing his new contract in front of the stadium model you say...

giphy.gif

Is there a way for those massive building cranes to get on site? The wall entrances are very narrow and are listed so they cannot be widened.
I know a lot of the steel work will be prefabricated but it's still got to be lifted into place.

Is there a way for those massive building cranes to get on site? The wall entrances are very narrow and are listed so they cannot be widened.
I know a lot of the steel work will be prefabricated but it's still got to be lifted into place.
As long as vessel draft clearance allows (which I'm assuming it will considering the size of some of the vessels that moor up alongside the Mersey), then any large construction machinery will be able to be shipped in via the river. Quite possibly even a fixed crane heavy lift vessel could be used along side the dock

I've worked on projects where huge 300 ton cranes were used to lift entire sections of drilling rigs into place sometimes using more than two to do it. These cranes are transported by road or sea in small sections and assembled at the site by a set of engineers who put them together. Then they are broken down again and shipped off to their next lift. I don't think crainage (not a word but a term used to describe Crain capabilities) will be a problem.