• Evil

Votes: 83 25.4%
  • Nick Barmby

Votes: 78 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of forfeiting the game and having fresh legs for the games that we're actually capable of winning?

I think the boss is quite astute. I just hope he's learned how to play against these at the shed, park the bus and hit them on the break.
I doubt we'll lay down and die as we have done recently across there.

Sadly I'm resigned to us losing, going in with any hope would just make the inevitable defeat hurt even more. I don't what it is but we just never seem the play against these rats. I think if we can't get at least a draw this season I don't think our fans will ever go into this game with optimism. To be honest up until 2014 I wasn't actually as pessimistic about these games as I am now. We always find some way of messing the game up, Howard conceding a penalty when the lad was going away from goal. Distin's back pass was awful, Barry losing Gerrard, him scoring then Barry injuring Lukaku in 2014. Howard being in the air when the free kick was taken in 2014 was another one. The amount of lucky goals they've scored against us is ridiculous. The last time we played well against Liverpool was probably the FA cup derby in 2009, we've been pretty poor since.

You don't have any luck happen for you when you go into something with no bottle. They go into the game carefree.

Personally I think their pretty similar teams really with very similar fans, they both have done very well playing alehouse football and cheating their way to victories. Liverpool and Rangers fans both have a habit of embarrassing the cities they represent when they play abroad. Rangers fans and Liverpool fans do have quite a strong friendship that is often ignored by many Irish Liverpool fans. While I'm not a huge fan of Celtic under Brendan Rogers, historically like us they have a very good reputation when it comes to doing charity work like us. I don't hate Rangers either, I've always just warmed to Celtic more. I just think that because Celtic and Everton were formed to help the community and Liverpool and Rangers were formed more or less to make money, we should as Everton fans identify more with Celtic than Rangers.
I always had the impression that Celtic and LFC fans had a "special bond" what with their mutual singing of You'll never walk alone and Fields of Athenry.

...and it looks like Henderson will be back;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erpool-skipper-jordan-henderson-sets-12800425

He bossed the game at Goodison, had Barkley in his pocket without breaking sweat. Here's hoping Barkley and Lukaku remember their performances in that game and put the record right.

Can't tell if you're serious. He did absolutely nothing, sat in the centre circle and played sideways passes to his nearest teammate so he could get his pass completion stats higher. Complete and utter fraud of a player and man. Their form has picked up since he got injured.

...and it looks like Henderson will be back;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erpool-skipper-jordan-henderson-sets-12800425

He bossed the game at Goodison, had Barkley in his pocket without breaking sweat. Here's hoping Barkley and Lukaku remember their performances in that game and put the record right.

If anything shows the difference in luck between the 2 sides this is it. Coleman breaks his leg, McCarthy and Schneiderlein get injured yet their captain return from injury.

It will be classic Everton, we've barely conceded recently, only lost once in ages, players are all in good form, yet somehow we'll end up conceding 4, barely have a shot on target, pick up some more injuries and get a red card or two. They're the devils club and this fixture is cursed for us. Id honestly just play the kids.

Did do once we decided to play with 10 when Barry came on.

...no doubt McCarthy going off had an impact but the signs were already there at the end of the first half that we were settling for a rearguard action. To be fair, despite the onslaught we coped quite well defensively (Barry included) but the problem was that our offensive players provided absolutely no respite. Here's hoping they turn up this time.

It will be classic Everton, we've barely conceded recently, only lost once in ages, players are all in good form, yet somehow we'll end up conceding 4, barely have a shot on target, pick up some more injuries and get a red card or two. They're the devils club and this fixture is cursed for us. Id honestly just play the kids.

...worked in 1964 when we went there with a team full of youngsters and came away with a 4-0 win. That would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.